Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drawing Objects Dissapearing

Hello NT,

I have been using NT8 for just a couple of months now, my setup is a three monitor system with two of the monitors used for charting, and the third my setup of my control center. Im purely a chartist, so i have both charts linked so i can see my drawing objects on both charts when i mark. My Fibonacci levels, trendlines, harmonic patterns, and elliott wave count are all marked on my charts. All instruments are forex pairs, and i do my analysis multiple times throughout my day.

My problems lie directly with the 'text object' drawing tool. I spend a good duration of my time doing elliott wave analysis, its the root of my studies at the moment. Everything is set to display in both windows like i said, but when i go to another pair to begin, previous work is no longer showing. I have tried saving the workspace numerous times, especially before moving to a new chart, ive tried refreshing ninjascript, and even restarting the program, all things are hit and miss on working. Sometimes one chart will still show my wave count partially so i can kinda fill in the blanks and then resubmit the option to 'display on all charts'.

This isn't a problem on all pair, nor is it a problem on certain pairs, i can verify everthing is showing just fine today on certain charts, and wake up tommorow to go back to see nothing, or something missing. Im on a practice account, and my computer doesn't sleep hardly, because ive been told in order to keep order entry placements in place on practice accounts, that the program must be logged in constantly.

I have already reached out to platform support, it wasn't much help. Im hoping there is something that somebody on here might be aware of to help me out.

Thx

Hello,

Thank you for posting.

My name is Drew with Platform Support, and I'd be happy to check into your existing support case and see if I can help out further if you would please email us at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace files. You will find these diagnostic files in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder. I will need to review a copy of the files which are named 'trace.20170718.XXXXX.txt'. There will likely be multiple files for each day.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

just did it, thx.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by PhillT, Today, 02:16 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post PhillT
      by PhillT