What data feed vendor do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What data feed vendor do you use?

I'm trying complete my choice for a data feed vendor. I need at least 1 minute level, historical, EOD data and tick-level, real-time, intraday data.

My broker is Interactive Brokers. They can provide limited real-time data for following the market and executions, but an external data vendor would be better.

For 1 minute-level historical data and intraday tick data, which vendor do you use or recommend?

Thanks and regards,

Dan.

p.s. I searched for data vendor recommendations and didn't much.

Originally posted by dan_public View Post

p.s. I searched for data vendor recommendations and didn't much.
    Did Kinetick not show up?

I use Rithmic (grandfathered in I guess) and TDA.

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
      Did Kinetick not show up?

I use Rithmic (grandfathered in I guess) and TDA.
      sledge,

Thanks for the feedback. I should have been more specific. I searched for "Data Feed" and "Data Vendor" in the titles of NT forum posts, hoping to get a comparison of the vendor's feeds. I found nothing other than some questions.

I'll try Kinetick, but I'm a bit put off by the "marketing" linking the two. Historically, I found that when two companies are "marketing" for each other, there is a chance that there is a link between the two that is not obvious. Having been stung many times, my reaction may be nothing more than a knee-jerk reaction.

Regards,

Dan.

Comment

Hello Dan,

Thank you for your post.

The market data feed from Interactive Brokers will provide historical real-time quotes and one-minute data that you can use for charting and analytics within NinjaTrader. That being said, Interactive Brokers will not provide any historical tick data and the real-time feed provides aggregated data as opposed to an unfiltered tick data feed.

For this reason, many NinjaTrader users who trade with Interactive Brokers choose Kinetick as a supplemental data provider. In addition to providing an extensive resource of historical one-minute data, Kinetick also will provide unfiltered live tick data and 180 days of historical tick data. You can subscribe at the link below:
        Another option would be to switch to a broker that provides a high-quality data feed with your account. Sledge mentions Rithmic, which is a broker-based data solution that provides high-quality tick data. For example: if you open an account with NinjaTrader Brokerage, you can choose to receive market data from CQG/Continuum or Rithmic.

Let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_public View Post
          sledge,

Thanks for the feedback. I should have been more specific. I searched for "Data Feed" and "Data Vendor" in the titles of NT forum posts, hoping to get a comparison of the vendor's feeds. I found nothing other than some questions.

I'll try Kinetick, but I'm a bit put off by the "marketing" linking the two. Historically, I found that when two companies are "marketing" for each other, there is a chance that there is a link between the two that is not obvious. Having been stung many times, my reaction may be nothing more than a knee-jerk reaction.

Regards,

Dan.
          One the Kinetic site, I just noticed this:

Kinetick’s market data is a product of, and provided by Telvent DTN. Kinetick is a brand owned and operated by NinjaTrader, LLC.
          This means:

1. Kinetic is a house brand for NT (as stated above), and
          2. IQ Feed and Kenetic are apparently the same feed.

Ya gotta love this industry. More BS per millisecond than anything else on the planet.

Regards,

Dan.

Comment

Hello dan_public,

Thank you for your post.

A few points of clarification. Kinetick and IQ Feed utilize two different adapters to connect to this data. IQ Feed requires a stand alone 3rd party application to make a connection within NinjaTrader whereas NinjaTrader has built an optimized adapter directly within NinjaTrader to connect to this data feed - no 3rd party applications are necessary. Yes, as you pointed out from our website, we disclose the fact that NinjaTrader owns and operates Kinetick and in doing so we are able to better serve our customers as we not only offer a data service, our customer service teams also provide support for both the NinjaTrader application and Kinetick. There is no need to go to multiple parties to resolve any items that may arise. Also, due to the nature of this relationship, our customers generally save money when they go with Kinetick. Integrated adapter. One stop shop for service. Cheaper in most cases.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_James View Post
              Hello dan_public,

Thank you for your post.

A few points of clarification. Kinetick and IQ Feed utilize two different adapters to connect to this data. IQ Feed requires a stand alone 3rd party application to make a connection within NinjaTrader whereas NinjaTrader has built an optimized adapter directly within NinjaTrader to connect to this data feed - no 3rd party applications are necessary. Yes, as you pointed out from our website, we disclose the fact that NinjaTrader owns and operates Kinetick and in doing so we are able to better serve our customers as we not only offer a data service, our customer service teams also provide support for both the NinjaTrader application and Kinetick. There is no need to go to multiple parties to resolve any items that may arise. Also, due to the nature of this relationship, our customers generally save money when they go with Kinetick. Integrated adapter. One stop shop for service. Cheaper in most cases.
              James,

First thank your for the feedback. That said...

It doesn't make up for the fact that NT ONLY discloses the business relationship between the companies in the Kinetick "About" section. It is NOT stated clearly and obviously on either the NT or Kinetick websites. That bothers me tremendously.

Your points about single point of contact for support and better integration are valid points for Kinetick. The performance point needs to be confirmed, of course.

One area that bothers me tremendously is the tightly integrated nature of NT. Apparently, the NT environment is tightly controlled without the ability to programatically import and export data. As an sales and marketing manager (14 years in a prior life) I understand the benefits of a customer lock-in strategy. However, that does not meet my needs.

If I choose Kinetick, can I use something like "QCollector" to access the data Kinetick data feed? This is a major benefit of IQFeed. Does Kinetick provide the same benefit, either with QCollector or some other tool?

Regards,

Dan.

Comment

Hello Dan,

The Kinetick data feed is only available for the NinjaTrader platform and there is no API that would allow you to access the data outside of NinjaTrader. This is one of the main reasons that we are able to offer Kinetick at a discounted cost versus IQFeed: because we have tailored our support to a single platform interface. If you do require an API to access the data with other platforms, then IQFeed may be a better solution for these needs. But Kinetick has been optimized, from both a technology and cost standpoint, to be the best solution for traders who only need to access the data within the NinjaTrader platform.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherD View Post
                  This is one of the main reasons that we are able to offer Kinetick at a discounted cost versus IQFeed - But Kinetick has been optimized, from both a technology and cost standpoint, to be the best solution for traders who only need to access the data within the NinjaTrader platform.
                  It's $60 per month PLUS extra subscriptions to various exchanges!! I hardly think that is "discounted" - maybe $20 per month all inclusive of normal data that most everybody uses would be "discounted"...

Yet more NT problems (that never end...)

Comment

Originally posted by Irukandji View Post

It's $60 per month PLUS extra subscriptions to various exchanges!! I hardly think that is "discounted" - maybe $20 per month all inclusive of normal data that most everybody uses would be "discounted"...

Yet more NT problems (that never end...)
                    is that cheaper than iq feed? is there any reason to consider e signal?

Comment

Hello NinjaCustomer,

My understanding is that Kinetick would be a lower monthly subscription cost then either eSignal or IQFeed. The exchange fees for each market data provider should basically be the same. I would suggest going to the website for each data provider to compare the base service cost. The base service cost for Kinetick is $65/month.

Comment

they are all unfiltered, comparable speed and performed to the same level during the insane volatility?

Comment

Hello NinjaCustomer,

Kinetick and IQFeed use the same server technology, the only difference is the API that connects info NinjaTrader.

I can say that both Kinetick ans IQFeed provide a fast, unfiltered market data. Both feeds have been designed to work reliably, even under high volatility.

I cannot speak for eSignal directly, so I would recommend visiting their website for more information.

Comment

Hi,
                            Does Kinetick also come with a software suite similar to IQFeed with News, SnapQuote, Scanners, Watchlists, Optionchains, MarketDepth, etc.?
                            The SnapQuote alone is just great (example attached). The functionality to load the data into different platforms via DDE or additional software might also be of interest for some users.
                            NT-Roland

Attached Files

Comment

Hello NT-Roland,

Kinetick is for the NinjaTrader platform only and there is no API available that would allow you to integrate Kinetick data with any applications outside of NinjaTrader.
                              Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by ruudawakening, Today, 12:58 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                              Started by i019945nj, 12-14-2023, 06:41 AM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes