Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Has anyone had any bad experiences with new version ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone had any bad experiences with new version ?

I am usually too quick to update to the latest.

Nothing super obvious yet.

Replay appears fine.

Recording data issue may be fixed - I have more testing to do.

I'm still having troubles getting a RTH $VIX.X chart to start on one machine and do anything. It's just always dead. I haven't reported that yet. (Previous versions also). ETH $vix.x appears okay, I need to swap setups and see if that's the issues, else I'm going to have to scrap the other one and start fresh I guess. (Even created new workspaces).

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

It didn't take long to find an error - See attached. The language setup is English not spanish.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JerryWar View Post
          It didn't take long to find an error - See attached. The language setup is English not spanish.
          Look here, Alfred had French in 8.0.6.1

My still shows English in 8.0.8.0.

Comment

Mine shows English in the Language setup but all the Tabs and Chart references to volume are in Spanish. Lol

Comment

Against my better Judgement, I Installed it. As soon as I connect to the broker, I get this:

Code:
              2017-07-31 09:35:26:824 *************** unhandled exception trapped ***************
              2017-07-31 09:35:26:824 Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
              2017-07-31 09:35:26:824 System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                 at MS.Internal.TextFormatting.LineServicesCallbacks.FetchRunRedefined(IntPtr pols, Int32 lscpFetch, Int32 fIsStyle, IntPtr pstyle, Char* pwchTextBuffer, Int32 cchTextBuffer, Int32& fIsBufferUsed, Char*& pwchText, Int32& cchText, Int32& fIsHidden, LsChp& lschp, IntPtr& lsplsrun)
                 --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
                 at MS.Internal.TextFormatting.TextMetrics.FullTextLine.FormatLine(FullTextState fullText, Int32 cpFirst, Int32 lineLength, Int32 formatWidth, Int32 finiteFormatWidth, Int32 paragraphWidth, LineFlags lineFlags, FormattedTextSymbols collapsingSymbol)
                 at MS.Internal.TextFormatting.TextMetrics.FullTextLine..ctor(FormatSettings settings, Int32 cpFirst, Int32 lineLength, Int32 paragraphWidth, LineFlags lineFlags)
                 at MS.Internal.TextFormatting.TextFormatterImp.FormatLineInternal(TextSource textSource, Int32 firstCharIndex, Int32 lineLength, Double paragraphWidth, TextParagraphProperties paragraphProperties, TextLineBreak previousLineBreak, TextRunCache textRunCache)
                 at MS.Internal.TextFormatting.TextFormatterImp.FormatLine(TextSource textSource, Int32 firstCharIndex, Double paragraphWidth, TextParagraphProperties paragraphProperties, TextLineBreak previousLineBreak)
                 at ActiproSoftware.Windows.Controls.SyntaxEditor.TextFormatting.TextViewLineLayoutGroupFactory.#6lc(ITextView #N5b, ITagAggregator`1 #y9b, ITagAggregator`1 #z9b, TextRange #I, Double #hpi)
                 at #m3b.#b4b.#8lc(ITextView #N5b, ITagAggregator`1 #y9b, ITagAggregator`1 #z9b, TextRange #I, Double #hpi)
                 at #m3b.#b4b.#cmc(ITextView #N5b, ITagAggregator`1 #y9b, ITagAggregator`1 #z9b, Int32 #Oqc, Double #hpi, Double #Dzf, Double #Ezf, Boolean #ipi)
                 at #m3b.#c4b.#pmc(ITextView #N5b, ITagAggregator`1 #y9b, ITagAggregator`1 #z9b, Size #Gzf, TextPosition #d9b, Boolean #Hzf, Boolean #ipi)
                 at ActiproSoftware.Windows.Controls.SyntaxEditor.Primitives.EditorView.PerformViewLineLayout()
                 at ActiproSoftware.Windows.Controls.SyntaxEditor.Primitives.EditorView.ArrangeOverride(Size finalSize)
                 at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.ArrangeCore(Rect finalRect)
                 at System.Windows.UIElement.Arrange(Rect finalRect)
                 at System.Windows.ContextLayoutManager.UpdateLayout()
                 at System.Windows.ContextLayoutManager.UpdateLayoutCallback(Object arg)
                 at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireInvokeOnRenderCallbacks()
                 at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandlerCore(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
                 at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandler(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
                 at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
                 at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
              Attached Files

Comment

There seems to be a Language Barrier problem

I have English Language selected in the options menu. Yet i am getting Spanish and German labeling on Tabs and Dialog windows.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello JerryWar,
                  Can you please clarify if you have been given a test build of NinjaTrader 8 recently? If so have you been able to upgrade to the latest version of NInjaTrader 8?

Comment

Latest build of NinjaTrader 8

Comment

Hello JerryWar,
                      Can you please rename your database and test if you receive the same results?
                      -Shutdown NinjaTrader and Go to the Start Menu
                      -Select My Documents--> NinjaTrader 8--> DB--> NinjaTrader.SDF.
                      -Right click on NinjaTrader.SDF and select "Rename." *Name it "OLDNinjaTrader.SDF."
                      -Then restart the software and NinjaTrader will create a fresh database file to use
                      -Unfortunately the following items stored in the old database will be lost - Trading Hours templates, Instrument Lists / Custom Instruments, historical trade execution data, saved Strategy Analyzer backtest results

Comment

We've had some reports of foreign languages being selected after an upgrade but have as of yet been unable to reproduce this behavior on our end. Please send me your database file so that I may look into what occurred. You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Ensure to expand 'Other Files' and check 'Database file'.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 1746008 ATTN Patrick G

After sending your database file, you may rename your database as a work-around.
                        • Shutdown NinjaTrader and Go to the Start Menu
                        • Select My Documents--> NinjaTrader 8--> DB--> NinjaTrader.SDF.
                        • Right click on NinjaTrader.SDF and select "Rename." *Name it "OLDNinjaTrader.SDF."
                        • Then restart the software and NinjaTrader will create a fresh database file to use
                        • Unfortunately the following items stored in the old database will be lost - Trading Hours templates, Instrument Lists / Custom Instruments, historical trade execution data, saved Strategy Analyzer backtest results

To prevent running into situations where you can potentially lose important data, we advise running regular backups via our inbuilt backup feature in NinjaTrader - http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...up_archive.htm

Comment

Ryan
                          I did that BEFORE I installed the new Version.
                          see attached
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hello JerryWar,
                            Can you please uninstall and reinstall the platform and test if you receive the same results. I would still recommend the database rename.

Comment

Patrick,
                              In haste because I was trading, I made a second post when I discovered other language issues.
                              U.I labels in German and Spanish. I also posted that I had renamed the database BEFORE installing the new version so a new one was created. The place the problem may be is that I also did a backup
                              and then a Restore to the new version of almost everything except for the database.
                              I will try renaming again after market and post results. this time will check before and after restore.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post jaybedreamin  
                              Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                              6 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post DJ888