Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Executions Tab Export, Date Format not as expected

Hi,

I was used to exporting my executions from the Trade Performance window and import it into a third-party tool. No issues on Windows 7 running NT 8.0.7.1. The date format inside the exported CSV file had the form "31.07.2017" for today's date, which is correct for my DE locale.

I have now switched to a new PC running Windows 10 and have installed NT 8.0.8.0.
    The exported executions CSV file now looks like this (first two lines only):
    Instrument;Action;Quantity;Price;Time;ID;E/X;Position;Order ID;Name;Rate;Account;Connection;
    FDAX 09-17;Buy;1;12153,5;31072017 09:04:15;<ID>;Entry;1 L;<Order ID>;Entry;1;Sim101;My NinjaTrader Continuum;
    Please note the changed date format. Month/day/year separators are missing.

Can I do something on my side (Windows 10 setting or NT setting) that would bring back the separator characters?

Thank you for your help,
    Stefan.

Hello Stefan,

Can you please clarify how the executions are exported. Do you right click in the Trade Performance-->Executions window and select Export? Or do you have a NinjaScript file that exports the executions?

I suggest to check the Region and Language menus in Windows of both computers. Check if the new computer uses the same settings as the old computer in regards to date formats. There is no setting in NinjaTrader itself to configure date format.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

thank you for your reply, I do the export by right-clicking in the Trade Performance window and selecting Export from the context menu.

The old and the new PC both had the date format set to "DD.MM.YYYY" (short date format). A third PC that is also running Windows 10 but still has NT 8.0.7.1 shows the same issue (and has identical date/time settings). I believe this rules out the recent 8.0.8.0 update.

I will reactive my old Windows 7 PC later this week and see if I find a difference in settings.

Kind regards,
      Stefan.

Comment

Hello Jason,

I have not been able to find any meaningful settings difference between my old Windows 7 and the two Windows 10 PCs I have here.

Instead, I am able to reproduce the following behaviour on my new Windows 10 PC running NT 8.0.8.0:

1. Windows settings, date/time give me the following options for "short date format":
        - TT.MM.JJJJ
        - TT.MM.JJ
        - JJJJ-MM-TT
        - TT.MMM.JJJJ
        (where J is German for Year)

2. Selecting any date format containing a dot (.) produces a date without M,D,Y separators in the exported executions CSV file, e.g. "31072017".

3. On the other hand, selecting the "JJJJ-MM-TT" date format works as expected, i.e. produces "2017-07-31" in the CSV file.

4. Note that after every change of the date format in the Windows settings I have to restart NT8 to effect a change.

I am interested to see if you or anyone can reproduce this behaviour. You may have to select a locale that offers date formats with dots. The hypothesis is that date formats containing a dot do not work as expected. If so, this may be a bug.

Thank you,
        Stefan.

Comment

When I test NinjaTrader 8 in Windows 10, I do not have a period between the day, month and year in the .csv file either. I set Format to Germany (Germany) and Short date to dd.MM.yyyy. Then I started NinjaTrader 8, performed some test trades and exported the executions.

However when I test NinjaTrader 8 in Windows 7, I experience the same. The .csv file I export in Windows 7 also does not have a period in between. I tested again after setting Current location to Germany under the Location-tab, but this did not make a difference.

Under the Formats-tab, it still shows "dd.MM.yyyy" for me and not "TT.MM.JJJJ" as you report. However 'First day of the week' does show 'Montag'. If you install NinjaTrader 8.0.8.0 on the Windows 7 PC, does it also not have a period in between?
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Jason,

interesting. All of my old CSV exports have dates with dots. In any case, I think the exported date in the CSV should follow the date format setting.

I don't have my old Windows 7 PC available for the rest of the week, will report back later.

Note I can work around the issue by adding the dots manually before uploading to the third-party application. Or I can use JJJJ-MM-DD date format. Getting to the bottom of this may drop out of my top ten by next week.

Thank you very much for your attention to this matter.

Kind regards,
            Stefan

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by f.saeidi, Today, 11:02 AM
            1 response
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
            Started by geotrades1, Today, 10:02 AM