Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Chart Frozen/Locked when resizing horizontal axis.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart Frozen/Locked when resizing horizontal axis.

Hello, I have enclosed a screenshot showing a locked screen when trying to resize the chart on horizontal access. This has happened in the past and i left it assuming it would be resolved in future revisions.

Note there is no data to the left.

I did try this recently on another chart and it seemed ok even if there was no historical to fill the screen to the left.

I see nothing in the release notes on this - will be upgrading to 8.0.8 in next days but wanted to check (as we have no way of knowing as bug/feature ids are not displayed publicly) if this was in the existing bug list?

There is nothing in the log or trace files to send. CPU is around 19.0% & i have a separate chart window opened which i can interact with.

Yes i will be moving up but i dont like to dive in with these releases and prefer to wait a week or so. So i know you will say/suggest please upgrade but i still would like to know if this is a logged / known issue of past?

thanks
    Attached Files

Researching further in support on this ......

ChartBars.ToIndex == ChartBars.FromIndex in OnCalculateMinMax() Ticket ID: NTEIGHT-11675

what is the status of the above?

And on restarting i do now see OnRender errors .. in connection to Failed to call method 'onCalculateMinMax - this seems to be intermittant as is first instance for a bit i have had this

thanks

Comment

Update - in trying to recreate :

I reviewed the OnCalculateMinMax for indicator applied to the chart - which i have not had issue with for many months back when OnRender was more problematic.

public override void OnCalculateMinMax()
      {

//

double tmpHigh = double.MinValue;
      double tmpLow = double.MaxValue;

if ((ChartBars != null && ChartBars.Bars != null) && (BarsArray[0] != null))
      {

for (int idx = ChartBars.FromIndex; idx <= ChartBars.ToIndex; idx++)
      {
      tmpHigh = ChartBars.Bars.GetHigh(idx);
      tmpLow = ChartBars.Bars.GetLow(idx);

if (idx == ChartBars.FromIndex)
      {
      MaxValue = ChartBars.Bars.GetHigh(idx);
      MinValue = ChartBars.Bars.GetLow(idx);
      }
      if (tmpHigh != 0 && tmpHigh > MaxValue)
      MaxValue = tmpHigh;
      if (tmpLow != 0 && tmpLow < MinValue)
      MinValue = tmpLow;

}
      }
      }

The only change i added was to set tmpHigh and tmpLow and add in BarsArray[0] !=null

but the other null checks were already in place.

I note that one can only 'squeeze' the bars horizontally so far - its like there is a lock on this perhaps this was prior fix?

In trying now again with small change to OnCalculateMinMax it is fine and i can scrunch bars even with nothing to the left and am connected to data feed as before

Is there something i added you would expect to improve this?

thanks

Comment

Hi soulfx,

NTEIGHT-11675 was closed as "Expected."

The explanation was that there are valid instances where ChartBars.FromIndex could equal ChartBars.ToIndex in OnCalculateMinMax.

Some examples could be:
        • Loading a template
        • Only one bar is visible on chart

The help guide was amended to reference looping through with less or equal operator rather than a less than operator.

If I understand correctly, you are no longer experiencing an issue? If you are still encountering an issue, could you provide some more detail about how I can reproduce this issue, either through a sample script or through steps and screenshots?

I look forward to being of further assistance.
        JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

When you say amended you mean the help on OnCalculateMinMax ?

The for loop is as is in mine so is in alignment.

Yes i tried to reproduce but cant - it has been spontaneous - however as with OnRender issues of past - it does corrupt data/workspace and i needed to clear cache and start workspace and reconnect to data.

Not sure i would agree that it is Expected as in this case there was valid data and bars ??
          I think this one will rear its head again.

thanks

Comment

The help guide previously had a loop described only using a less than operator and issues were arising when ChartBars.FromIndex would equal ChartBars.ToIndex. This created issues when ChartBars.FromIndex would equal ChartBars.ToIndex which was why NTEIGHT-11675 was created. As there are instances where ChartBars.FromIndex will validly equal ChartBars.ToIndex, the issue was closed as "Expected." If there was something else going on we can certainly look into it.

I don't think I am understanding the issue you are conveying fully. Could you verify that you are encountering this on the the latest build and provide me some steps I can take to reproduce? I understand that these issue may involve a bit of randomness like the OnRender() issues had.

If you can create a video going through the steps (whether you trigger the issue through randomness or not) I could use that to look further.

I will be happy to review this matter with you to get to the bottom of it.
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jim; 08-02-2017, 06:48 AM.
            JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post junkone
            by junkone

Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
            12 responses