Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restore historical orders

Hello,

By mistake I recently reset all historical orders and historical executions of a live trading account (tools / database management / reset database: historical orders, historical executions)

Is there any way to bring these orders and executions back to life, so that they can be seen and analyzed in the trade performance window again?

I suppose, the orders and executions are still available in the ninjatrader.sdf database and are not deleted but only flagged as deleted. With a little help from Visual Studio it should be possible to reverse these flags.

If you've used this method to reset your database, then NinjaTrader would have simply renamed your original database and then created a new database. Revering this should restore all of your historical order history. Here are the steps:
    • Shutdown NinjaTrader
    • Navigate to Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > db folder
    • Delete 'NinjaTrader.sdf'
    • Rename 'NinjaTrader.Old.sdf' to 'NinjaTrader.sdf'
    • Restart NinjaTrader

Comment

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for your suggested solution. In my db folder i found a ninjatrader.sdf and a ninjatrader_old.sdf file.

However, my deleted live trades are part of the ninjatrader_old.sdf file and the trades I made after the deletion process are part of the new ninjatrader.sdf file.

I have to find a solution to merge the historical orders and historical executions of both files into one. Or as I mentioned, use the actual ninjatrader.sdf file and reset a possible ‘deleted record’ flag.

Comment

The order history is actually deleted from the database file and not just flagged as hidden/deleted.

Manually modifying the database file is not recommended our supported as it could cause unexpected behavior.

Comment

I'm trying to restore my historic execution data, but I don't see a NinjaTrader.Old.sdf file in the db directory. Can this data be salvaged?

Comment

Hello lencar29,

Thank you for your post.

If you previously created a backup that includes your historic execution data, you can restore that backup to recover the lost data. The steps to restore a backup file are listed in the Restoring a Backup Archive Help Guide.

Unfortunately, if you have not previously created a backup, then there would not be a way to recover the data. You can save a backup to ensure that no data is lost in the future.

Creating a Backup Archive

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.

Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your feedback Shawn; unfortunately, I didn't create a backup of that data.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post CortexZenUSA  
              Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
              0 responses
              1 view