• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Potential Bug With Extended Lines and Rays

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Potential Bug With Extended Lines and Rays

    Description:
    Extended Lines and Rays drawn on daily charts do not show up on 1 minute and 15 minute charts. Daily chart lines' "Attach to" is set to "(All Charts)".

    Repro steps:
    1. Open a daily chart, a 1 minute chart and a 15 minute chart using the symbol "AHT".

    2. Draw a Ray and an Extended Line on the daily chart, so that the lines will intersect close to the current price. I.e. the line would be visible in the minute charts.

    3. Set the "Attach to" property to "(All Charts)". Click "OK".

    4. Review minute charts.

    Expected Results:
    All lines drawn on Daily Charts should be visible on minute charts, if the price axis is compressed enought.

    Actual Results:
    Extended Lines and Rays do NOT show up on the minute charts.

    Notes:
    I haven't checked all the other drawings. So this issue may exist for other drawings too.

    Regards,

    Dan.

    #2
    I could not reproduce this when following your steps precisely:

    https://www.screencast.com/t/wwNI8gcRPGC

    What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? You can check under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.0)

    Can you reproduce this in safe mode?

    To enable safe mode, please use the following steps:
    • Exit NinjaTrader.
    • Hold the CONTROL key and double click the NinjaTrader icon.
    • Keep the CONTROL key held down until you see the Control Center.
    • You can verify you are in safe mode by going to Help -> About.
    • Perform the steps as you describe them in your post to attempt to reproduce
    Patrick G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
      I could not reproduce this when following your steps precisely:

      https://www.screencast.com/t/wwNI8gcRPGC

      What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? You can check under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.0)

      Can you reproduce this in safe mode?

      To enable safe mode, please use the following steps:
      • Exit NinjaTrader.
      • Hold the CONTROL key and double click the NinjaTrader icon.
      • Keep the CONTROL key held down until you see the Control Center.
      • You can verify you are in safe mode by going to Help -> About.
      • Perform the steps as you describe them in your post to attempt to reproduce
      Patrick,

      NT is "8.0.8.0 Safe Mode 64-bit (Multi-Broker)". My data feed is IQFeed.

      I reproduced this exactly following precisely the same steps as before. See attached image.

      Are you testing this in "8.0.8.0 Safe Mode 64-bit (Multi-Broker)" using IQFeed data?

      Regards,

      Dan.
      Attached Files

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by dan_public View Post
        Patrick,

        NT is "8.0.8.0 Safe Mode 64-bit (Multi-Broker)". My data feed is IQFeed.

        I reproduced this exactly following precisely the same steps as before. See attached image.

        Are you testing this in "8.0.8.0 Safe Mode 64-bit (Multi-Broker)" using IQFeed data?

        Regards,

        Dan.
        Data Point: Horizontal Lines and Fibonacci Retracements work fine.

        Dan.

        Comment


          #5
          I am using NinjaTrader 8.0.8.0 64-bit with a Kinetick data feed. I would not expect source of data to contribute in this case. I have not tested in safe mode because I cannot reproduce the behavior in normal mode.

          If you re-scale your intraday charts by clicking on the vertical scale and dragging downwards, do you eventually see the lines? Sometimes even though the lines appear to be crossing directly on top of the daily bar they are actually time stamped somewhere beyond your current view on the intraday chart. For example, on my charts the meeting point of the two lines is quite a bit lower than the current price.
          Patrick G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
            I am using NinjaTrader 8.0.8.0 64-bit with a Kinetick data feed. I would not expect source of data to contribute in this case. I have not tested in safe mode because I cannot reproduce the behavior in normal mode.

            If you re-scale your intraday charts by clicking on the vertical scale and dragging downwards, do you eventually see the lines? Sometimes even though the lines appear to be crossing directly on top of the daily bar they are actually time stamped somewhere beyond your current view on the intraday chart. For example, on my charts the meeting point of the two lines is quite a bit lower than the current price.
            This may be an IQFeed issue. The results I'm getting are a little bizarre. Please hold on pursuing this further until I gather more test data and reboot my system.

            Regards,

            Dan.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
              I am using NinjaTrader 8.0.8.0 64-bit with a Kinetick data feed. I would not expect source of data to contribute in this case. I have not tested in safe mode because I cannot reproduce the behavior in normal mode.

              If you re-scale your intraday charts by clicking on the vertical scale and dragging downwards, do you eventually see the lines? Sometimes even though the lines appear to be crossing directly on top of the daily bar they are actually time stamped somewhere beyond your current view on the intraday chart. For example, on my charts the meeting point of the two lines is quite a bit lower than the current price.
              Patrick,

              Scaling the first thing I did - both price and time, just to be sure. I don't think it's a user issue. I'm going to reboot my computer to see if it's a memory leak or some other bizarre issue. I'll continue testing this weekend and report the results.

              Regards,

              Dan.

              p.s. One thing to keep in mind is that the same issue appeared in NT and in MultiCharts. Very strange.

              Comment

              Latest Posts

              Collapse

              Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by stevenev1, Today, 01:43 PM
              0 responses
              3 views
              0 likes
              Last Post stevenev1  
              Started by shinuvu, Today, 11:05 AM
              2 responses
              11 views
              0 likes
              Last Post shinuvu
              by shinuvu
               
              Started by Hagar, Yesterday, 07:12 PM
              1 response
              14 views
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChrisL  
              Started by PBreen, Today, 11:59 AM
              1 response
              7 views
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_ShawnB  
              Started by johnnybegoode, 01-14-2019, 07:24 PM
              13 responses
              544 views
              0 likes
              Last Post seeseea
              by seeseea
               
              Working...
              X