Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Potential Bug With Extended Lines and Rays

Description:
    Extended Lines and Rays drawn on daily charts do not show up on 1 minute and 15 minute charts. Daily chart lines' "Attach to" is set to "(All Charts)".

Repro steps:
    1. Open a daily chart, a 1 minute chart and a 15 minute chart using the symbol "AHT".

2. Draw a Ray and an Extended Line on the daily chart, so that the lines will intersect close to the current price. I.e. the line would be visible in the minute charts.

3. Set the "Attach to" property to "(All Charts)". Click "OK".

4. Review minute charts.

Expected Results:
    All lines drawn on Daily Charts should be visible on minute charts, if the price axis is compressed enought.

Actual Results:
    Extended Lines and Rays do NOT show up on the minute charts.

Notes:
    I haven't checked all the other drawings. So this issue may exist for other drawings too.

Regards,

Dan.

I could not reproduce this when following your steps precisely:

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? You can check under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.0)

Can you reproduce this in safe mode?

To enable safe mode, please use the following steps:
    • Exit NinjaTrader.
    • Hold the CONTROL key and double click the NinjaTrader icon.
    • Keep the CONTROL key held down until you see the Control Center.
    • You can verify you are in safe mode by going to Help -> About.
    • Perform the steps as you describe them in your post to attempt to reproduce

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
      I could not reproduce this when following your steps precisely:

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? You can check under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.0)

Can you reproduce this in safe mode?

To enable safe mode, please use the following steps:
      • Exit NinjaTrader.
      • Hold the CONTROL key and double click the NinjaTrader icon.
      • Keep the CONTROL key held down until you see the Control Center.
      • You can verify you are in safe mode by going to Help -> About.
      • Perform the steps as you describe them in your post to attempt to reproduce
      Patrick,

NT is "8.0.8.0 Safe Mode 64-bit (Multi-Broker)". My data feed is IQFeed.

I reproduced this exactly following precisely the same steps as before. See attached image.

Are you testing this in "8.0.8.0 Safe Mode 64-bit (Multi-Broker)" using IQFeed data?

Regards,

Dan.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dan_public View Post
        Patrick,

NT is "8.0.8.0 Safe Mode 64-bit (Multi-Broker)". My data feed is IQFeed.

I reproduced this exactly following precisely the same steps as before. See attached image.

Are you testing this in "8.0.8.0 Safe Mode 64-bit (Multi-Broker)" using IQFeed data?

Regards,

Dan.
        Data Point: Horizontal Lines and Fibonacci Retracements work fine.

Dan.

Comment

I am using NinjaTrader 8.0.8.0 64-bit with a Kinetick data feed. I would not expect source of data to contribute in this case. I have not tested in safe mode because I cannot reproduce the behavior in normal mode.

If you re-scale your intraday charts by clicking on the vertical scale and dragging downwards, do you eventually see the lines? Sometimes even though the lines appear to be crossing directly on top of the daily bar they are actually time stamped somewhere beyond your current view on the intraday chart. For example, on my charts the meeting point of the two lines is quite a bit lower than the current price.

Comment

I am using NinjaTrader 8.0.8.0 64-bit with a Kinetick data feed. I would not expect source of data to contribute in this case. I have not tested in safe mode because I cannot reproduce the behavior in normal mode.

If you re-scale your intraday charts by clicking on the vertical scale and dragging downwards, do you eventually see the lines? Sometimes even though the lines appear to be crossing directly on top of the daily bar they are actually time stamped somewhere beyond your current view on the intraday chart. For example, on my charts the meeting point of the two lines is quite a bit lower than the current price.
            This may be an IQFeed issue. The results I'm getting are a little bizarre. Please hold on pursuing this further until I gather more test data and reboot my system.

Regards,

Dan.

Comment

Patrick,

Scaling the first thing I did - both price and time, just to be sure. I don't think it's a user issue. I'm going to reboot my computer to see if it's a memory leak or some other bizarre issue. I'll continue testing this weekend and report the results.

Regards,

Dan.

p.s. One thing to keep in mind is that the same issue appeared in NT and in MultiCharts. Very strange.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by aa731, Today, 02:54 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post aa731
              by aa731

Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM
              3 responses
              0 likes