NT 8.0.8.0 - ERROR: Failed to create render target: HRESULT: [0x887A0002],

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT 8.0.8.0 - ERROR: Failed to create render target: HRESULT: [0x887A0002],

Win7 64bit pro/uptodate except for windows spyware patches/NT8.0.8.0/64 bit/NVidia quadro laptop k2000?

Disconnected from TDA, created new chart ...

Added ^TRIN/TRIN/^TRIN by some sort of mistake, removed the mistakes, and clicked okay.. chart with red X and error. [I do have a feeling it was related to some click sequence - it felt like 2 were added for 1 click (I tried and could not reproduce). Some mouse slip or trick did this, because I was like oh crap - how did all that get there..]

Tried to recreate and could not. All video drivers up to date as of 3 weeks ago.

No sleep/hibernate involved. I had disconnected my live session and tried to get my ^TRIN chart working in NT8, which I had failed to do earlier this week since I chose the Stock TRIN and not the index.

I even deleted the historical and replay data for both and could not reproduce.

Just one of those things. Documenting for future reference.

TRACE shows disconnect and error, and then I reconnected after closing out the RED-X chart.

Code:
    2017-08-04 19:43:47:040 (My TD AMERITRADE) NinjaTrader.Gui.ControlCenter.OnConnectionStatus.DispatcherInvoke: Tda status=Disconnected priceStatus=Disconnected previousStatus=Disconnecting previousPriceStatus=Disconnecting errorCode=NoError nativeError=''
    2017-08-04 19:43:47:040 NinjaTrader.Gui.ControlCenter.OnConnectionStatus: Using args status=Disconnected
    [B]2017-08-04 19:46:33:395 ERROR: Failed to create render target: HRESULT: [0x887A0002], Module: [Unknown], ApiCode: [Unknown/Unknown], Message: Unknown
    [/B]2017-08-04 19:46:54:480 (My TD AMERITRADE) Gui.ControlCenter.OnConnect
    Had it before in Beta6 on my desktop:

Someone else also had it too:

Attached Files
    Last edited by sledge; 08-05-2017, 12:23 AM.

Hello sledge,

Thanks for reporting this.

I haven't been able to reproduce this on my side, either, but if you would like to try and track this item down I'd be happy to help check into this with you if you would please email us at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace files. You will find these diagnostic files in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder. I will need to review a copy of the files which are named 'trace.20170806.XXXXX.txt'. There will likely be multiple files for each day.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Support,

I just experienced the same error with red cross on my charts.

"Failed to create render target: HRESULT: [0x887A0002], Module: [Unknown], ApiCode: [Unknown/Unknown], Message: Unknown"

Happened when I opened my workspace. I have 4 charts each with multiple tabs. All tabs for the one chart window have the red cross?

I closed the workspace and did NOT save. Opened the workspace again and all was good!

Never seen this before
      Attached Files

Comment

TraderYoda,

Thanks for posting.

Though you mentioned this item was resolved, I'd still be happy to check into this item with you if you would please write in to Platform Support using the instructions in my previous reply.
        Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post cre8able  
        Started by fiddich, Today, 05:25 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes