"Current day OHL" shows "solid" line as "dashed"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Current day OHL" shows "solid" line as "dashed"

Setting one of the lines in the indicator "Current day OHL" to "Plot style = Hash" and "Dash style = solid" results in a dashed line instead of a solid line.

Same issue for "Prior day OHLC".

Hello RonnyKeller,

A Hash when set to solid will show a non connected line segment for each bar.
    When set to dashed, this will show a dotted non connected line segment for each bar.

Are you requesting that the hash plot type be removed?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No, I don't want anything to be removed, don't think I mentioned anything like that...

NT7:
      - "PLOT Style = Hash" on an intraday chart results in horizontal line that restarts each session without being connected to the prior day's level (the line is interrupted each session-start)

- "DASH Style = Solid" results in a line that is drawn without dots or dashes; just a solid line.

NT8:
      - "PLOT Style = Hash" shows the same behavior as NT 7 => Good !
      - "DASH Style = Solid" results in a line that is DASHED instead of Solid => Bad !

Please compare the two attached screenshots
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello RonnyKeller,

The plot from NT7 uses the same logic but has a much smaller amount of space between plots. As this is resized sometimes it shows as 1 pixel sometimes its displaying as two pixels.

Attached is a screenshot of this showing with 2 pixels when adjusting to the right bar width and spacing.

NinjaTrader 8 has increased the amount of spacing between the hash segments to better display this as a hash and not a line.

It appears you are not wanting a Hash. I think you would prefer a Line instead.
        Attached Files
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks ChelseaB for your answer (and thanks for working on a Sunday...)

Unfortunately a switch to setting "line" makes it worse, since it then connects the levels of two different session in a very ugly way (no more interruptions ) - only way to resolve that is "Hash".

So, I think I have to get used to "dashed" lines from this indicator - unless someone at Ninja's rewrites it to drawing a "solid line from session start to last bar" instead of drawing the line for each bar, piece for piece, then.
          Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post DJ888
          by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
          0 responses