Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arranging windows

Hello

How can I arrange the floating windows of a workspace on my desktop? Manually?
    The windows tile command doesn't work ...

Hello max1ci6,

Unfortunately there is no option in NinjaTrader to arrange the floating windows in the Windows taskbar. Upon saving a workspace, it saves all NinjaTrader windows at the location you have them opened on your monitor(s). Unfortunately it does not save the floating windows sequence in the Windows taskbar.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

I just wanted to check if there was an update on this. I would like the ability to auto-arrange NT8 windows in Windows 10. Thanks in advance for the help.

Comment

Hello ymrider21,

Each window in NinjaTrader is a separate window that is subject to all of the same actions as other windows in Microsoft Windows.

I will submit a feature request on your behalf to allow the windows to be arranged from an action triggered in NinjaTrader.

Once I have a tracking ID for this request, I will post in this thread for future reference.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That sounds great. Thanks, Chelsea B!

Comment

Hello ymrider21,

I've received tracking ID# SFT-2774 for this request to automatically arrange windows from an action in NinjaTrader.

Please note it is up to the NinjaTrader Development to decide if or when any request will be implemented.

We appreciate your feedback on this.
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 12-30-2018, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
              Hello ymrider21,

I've received tracking ID# SFT-2774 for this request to automatically arrange windows from an action in NinjaTrader.

Please note it is up to the NinjaTrader Development to decide if or when any request will be implemented.

We appreciate your feedback on this.
              How can we vote for this request?

Comment

Hello Joe_T,

I've submitted your vote as well.

Thanks for your input on this.

Comment

An FYI that might or not be useful to know....
                  If you have an NVIDIA graphics card NVIDIA has nView Desktop Manager which does all sort of clever stuff useful for traders (it is designed for use with their Quadro Series cards which are multi-monitor cards for institutional users = finance, video editing etc.). such as setting a Desktop Grid, maximising Windows to grids, Sending Window to another Grid/Virtual Desktop/Monitor etc. and is robust and excellent. Ninja isn't 100% compatible (IIRC Ninja Windows can't do transparency, not a biggie, but otherwise is).

Now the caveat - it used to be for Quadro card purchasers only. It works with other NVIDIA cards (I have an NVS Quadro and GTX Series in the same PC). It may be that I can download it only because I have a qualifying Quadro card. However IIRC I believe I read something about them 'relaxing' that restriction.

If Dear Readers you have an NVIDIA card give it a whirl and let others know. Highly recommended for multi monitor and Window users, especially given the alternative.
                  Last edited by brucerobinson; 01-08-2019, 03:00 PM.

Comment

what did happen after the years? why does NT8 still not have an option to (auto-)arrange windows/panes. All other trading platform (and windows programs) are able to do this.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
                    Each window in NinjaTrader is a separate window that is subject to all of the same actions as other windows in Microsoft Windows.
                    this is not true, unfortunately it does not work on Ninjatrader. For example: I have a chart window open and drag it to the left border of my screen/desktop. Windows usually auto-sizes that dragged window and mark the window area and how it will snap when the still pressed left mouse key is released. If Ninjatrader windows would behave as usual windows application windows it would be ok and helpful. But NT8 doesn't.

How should a NT8 user arrange dozens of windows and panes without the option to auto-size, auto-fit, auto-snap to borders, etc... ? It would be a pain to manually adjust if corner and edge of each window. We live in 2020

how?

Comment

Hello patricia70,

Applications have to implement aero snap when using borderless windows (this affects all Windows applications with borderless windows). Unfortunately, NinjaTrader has not implemented that.

Hold shift, then right-click the NinjaTrader icon on the task bar. Select 'Show all windows stacked'.

Comment

?? I have three windows open in NT8, they are:

Control Center
                        Chart 1
                        Chart 2

They show in my Windows task bar. When doing what you suggested I do not have such a menu option. Shift+RightClicking into any of the available 3 windows in my taskbar will allow me to choose between:

moving
                        sizing
                        maximize
                        minimize

puzzled? what are you trying to explain?

Comment

Hello patricia70,

If you haven’t gone through the official Windows Keyboard Shortcuts list, you may be wondering if it’s possible to open all the windows which are grouped under a single icon in the Taskbar. Luckily…
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 09-23-2020, 11:10 AM.

Comment

thanks for the link and screenshot. Obviously this doesn't work on my side and I have no clue why. Maybe it needs any certain microsoft windows service which I might have accidently disabled? Have tried a lot, that function is not working on my side.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
                            11 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post jeronymite  
                            Started by bill2023, Yesterday, 08:51 AM
                            8 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post bill2023