crashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

crashing

so I have a decent laptop, nothing to brag about, but its a 5thgen corei3, 12gb ram, ssd with windows 10 from an install last summer, no issues with other software

but NT8 kept freezing on me and crashing, so I decided to play fair and completely reset windows 10 to start anew

just logged into the cleaned up windows install and NT8 loaded up, even showed 2 active trades I had going on demo, then the moment I moved the main control panel all NT8 windows disappeared with no errors

am I missing something?

im going to update the display driver and check into .net framework, other than that not sure what else I can do, any tidbits for performance clean up appreciated

Comment

Hello j_nathan,

Thanks for writing in to our Support team.

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference this forum post by including a url to this page in the body of the email and put ATTN Alan S in the subject line.

I look forward to your reply.
      Alan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by j_nathan View Post

just logged into the cleaned up windows install and NT8 loaded up, even showed 2 active trades I had going on demo, then the moment I moved the main control panel all NT8 windows disappeared with no errors

am I missing something?
        Assuming no errors, windows has had a feature where if you grab a window with your mouse and shake the mouse, all other windows will minimize.

Shake the window again to return everything back.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by pvincent, 06-23-2022, 12:53 PM
        14 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Nyman
        by Nyman

Started by TraderG23, 12-08-2023, 07:56 AM
        9 responses
        1 like