yet another glitch in NT 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yet another glitch in NT 8

I just found another glitch in NT v. 8.0.8.0 that makes the program crash after a simple color change and subsequent move of a trendline.
    I've done this several times now, even after restarting the program and the computer.

So, I put small trendline on a 5 minute chart of the ES, made it red using the template feature for coloring lines (see chart 01)
    Then, I decide to move this line (see chart 02) and change its color to blue using the template (see chart 03) (by the way, I'm thinking that all these steps, in this order, are what's creating the "exception" that crashes the program).
    Then, I try to move this blue line (see chart 04). I move the line with the mouse, and everything seems OK until I release the mouse from the line and then I get this error message---see chart 05).
    Clicking on Retry gets you this: see chart 06....and nothing works to resolve the program. God forbid you should be in a position when this happens.....oops, they don't let you upload more than 5 files. The text of this error message goes like this:

"NinjaTrader has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available....CLOSE PROGRAM.

Please fix this!
    Tasuki
    Attached Files

I could not reproduce a crash based on the steps you provided. Here are the steps I performed::
    • Create a 5 min ES 09-17 chart
    • Draw a Trend Channel which is about 5 bars long horizontally placing the parallel below and to the slight right of the trend line
    • Change the color of the trend and parallel line to 'Red'
    • Save this template as 'Default'
    • Change the color of the parallel line to 'MediumBlue'
    • Save a template as 'Blue'
    • Grab the right-most anchor or the trend line and move it to be at about a 45 degree angle

Please provide refinement or additional steps the above steps which would make the issue more likely to occur.

Additionally, I notice in your screenshot that you only appear to have one line on your charts even though the trend channel has two lines by default (trend and parallel). Please clarify - is this line hidden? Or are the two lines drawn directly on top of each other? Or, have you removed the second line in some other way?

Comment

Hi Patrick,
      Thanks for replying. Um, I never said anything about a trend "channel". You know, a simple trendline, which NT just calls "line" (F2). yeah, so NOT Ctrl-2. no channel, just a simple line. It's after hours now (1:26 pm California time), and I re-tried my little routine only to find the blue line disappearing rather than crashing the program. Since there's no live data coming through at the moment (given the time of day) maybe the glitch only shows up when there's a live market. That's possible, I guess.
      Anyway, I'll re-do my steps tomorrow when the market opens (this 5 minute chart is RTH trading hours), and we'll see what we get.
      I've had this problem before, recently, where NT techs say they can't reproduce the glitches I find (see "What is wrong? 2nd request from August 1st), only to find that they can indeed reproduce the glitch after all (as reported in emails to me, but not reported on this NT support site).
      Given the fact that I was able to recreate the crash repeatedly today, I'm convinced that this was no error on my part, but a glitch in the program. If anyone can prove me otherwise, I'm happy to be proven wrong! (I'd much rather be wrong than have a buggy program to trade with!!!).
      Anyway, we'll review this tomorrow.
      Tasuki

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by FrancisMorro, Today, 03:24 AM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post FrancisMorro  
      Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM