Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT 8 last rel., it is possible to export a chart with indi to another pc ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT 8 last rel., it is possible to export a chart with indi to another pc ?

Hi All,

I have a chart pretty sofisticated for what refers indicators etc. generated on a Pc with NT 8 last rel. it is possible to export it to another Pc where NT 8 same rel. is already installed ?

thanks in advance
    A.

Hello,

Thanks for your note.

Workspace files are stored under Documents -> NinjaTrader 8 -> workspaces. These files will share the name of their respective workspaces and can be transferred to another PC.

However, if any custom add-on's are saved in the workspace, they would also need to already be installed on the secondary PC for this workspace to function.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi DrewO,

thanks first for your prompt answer.

Please clarify the following point:

I know about workspaces named X and Y and so on , but when I need export to the Pc #2 I MUST export the whole workspace X or Y or I can just copy / move only one chart of my interest in the workspace on Pc #1 that I need to export and then import to Pc #2 ?
      I am sure you understand that normally or almost many times a workspace includes more than one chart and also other windows i.e "market analizer" or whatever, while I need to add only a specific chart present on Pc #1 to and existing workspace on Pc #2... and then save the new imported chart with the other already existing in the workspace on Pc #2 , or in a pretty new workspace generate after import ...

Hope to be enough clear
      Thanks in advance for what you'll answer me
      best regards
      A.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your note.

It wouldn't be possible to extract just one chart from a workspace to transfer to another workspace, but you could create a template of this chart and copy it to the other installation. This template would include Data Series, indicators, NinjaScript strategies, chart properties, and drawing objects (in NinjaTrader 8.)

To save a chart template, right-click within the desired chart and select "Tempaltes." Subsequently, select 'Save As' and save the chart with a name of your liking in the window that appears. More information at the below link:

Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
        47 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post aligator  
        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes