Possible Bug in 8.0.8.0: Missing Properties Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible Bug in 8.0.8.0: Missing Properties Control

After installing the latest release, the "Grid Font" property is suddenly missing form the Positions tab in Control Center and the font size I had set has reverted to the default size. Its missing from the Log tab as well, but I never use the Log, so I don't know if there was a Grid Font property there before. The control is present on the other Control Center tabs (Orders, Executions, Strategies, Accounts) and functioning properly.

This is a minor thing for most people, but I'm legally blind and I rely heavily on the customization features of NT8 to make trading possible for me. The positions tab is the only place I have control of the font size of my P&L display because the P&L font isn't adjustable on the Chart Trader of FX Pro windows.

This is making it very difficult for me to monitor my trades right now. Please help.

Also, if anyone over there is interested in suggestions (ranging from simple to complex) for making the software more accessible to low vision users (I realize that's probably an extremely small group of users), I have some thoughts.

Thanks

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

I wanted to check, could you provide an image of the properties menu that you currently see on your end? I am seeing the GridFont property in my installation: https://puu.sh/x5G6m/c9b4c7aac4.png

If you do not see this under the General properties, it could be that the platform needs to be reinstalled/repaired.You may try doing the following to see if this restores the property:
    • Exit the platform
    • Open the windows add remove programs menu
    • Select NinjaTrader 8
    • Click Uninstall (this does not remove user data)
    • Now re install the latest release from the ninjatrader website.

Regarding your other suggestions, we are always open to suggestions. If you have ideas that would make the platform easier to use, please feel free to provide those suggestions and we can submit a feature request.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Problem Persisting

I tried the Uninstall/Reinstall but the problem persists. Here's a screenshot of what I'm getting on my end.

Toby
      Attached Files
      Last edited by MRToby; 08-10-2017, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply and trying that.

Could you email me at platform support [at] ninjatrader.com for further assistance, please? Also, can you include a link to this post in your email so I can link the ticket?

I would like to gather further information and feel it would be best through email at this point.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks. Just sent the email.

Toby

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by sofortune, Today, 10:28 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick