Adding new tab to chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding new tab to chart

Hello, I am curious as to why it takes so long still to bring up the Data Series window when adding a tab to an existing chart; in order to select the instrument and properties.

Since beta and even through to 8.0.8.0 - it seems this has not really improved .. spinning in the background ? memory and cpu was pretty standard low at the time .. i only have 2 charts. 1 chart with 1 tab ... and the 2nd chart has 3 tabs and was trying to add a 4th. But even just adding a 2nd tab is similar?

Any reason? Is this known? I have been aware of this for long time, just assumed it would improve and i am not seeing that?

comments?

thanks

Hello soulfx,

I do not experience such behavior on my end when adding a 4th tab in such a setup. The Data Series window opens up right away after I click the plus icon to add a new chart tab.

Can you please go to Control Center-->Workspaces and click "new" in the lower right corner. Name it as you like and click OK.

Close all other workspaces that are opened at Control Center-->Workspaces.

Create a new chart without a chart template. If you now add new chart tabs, how long does it take for the Data Series menu to appear

If the issue remains, please send me the log and trace files so I can investigate. Log and trace files can be found at the following locations.

Windows start menu-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->log

Windows start menu-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->trace

Right click the log and trace folder and select Send to-->Compressed (zipped) folder. Subsequently attach both .zip files in your email and send it to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Put 'Att Jason, http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...d.php?t=103038' in the subject field.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
    24 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post spwizard  
    Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes