Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Hi,

I'm getting the following error in my log: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object", below from the trace. What could be wrong, is it related to an strategy code gone bad?

br,
    Chris

2017-08-11 15:35:56:452 System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at NinjaTrader.Gui.NinjaScript.StrategiesGrid.AddStra tegyToGrid(StrategyBase strategyBase)
    at NinjaTrader.Gui.NinjaScript.StrategiesGrid.OnLoade d(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Objec t source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
    at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(Dependency Object sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
    at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastEvent (DependencyObject root, RoutedEvent routedEvent)
    at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastLoade dEvent(Object root)
    at MS.Internal.LoadedOrUnloadedOperation.DoWork()
    at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireLoadedPendin gCallbacks()
    at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireInvokeOnRend erCallbacks()
    at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHan dlerCore(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
    at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHan dler(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
    at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.OnResize()
    at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(Wi ndowMessage msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
    at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilter Message(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
    at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
    at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation( Object o)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.Internal RealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatch When(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Hello suroot,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to assist. Are you seeing the error when using the SampleMACrossOver strategy, or only when a certain custom strategy is enabled?

Please write into to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with your log and trace files and a link to this forum post.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.

* Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
    * Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    * Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    * Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

We look forward to assisting further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your reply!

I sent the files (in my outbox as I write this) and I'm available for remote access right now if needed.

br,
      Chris

Comment

Hi,

Quick update: a tech fixed my issue via remote desktop. If anyone experience similar issue, try to:

1) clear cache
        2) rename database to old
        3) restart & test

A massive Thank You for the quick, professional support from You guys!

br,
        Chris

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by gemify, 11-11-2022, 11:52 AM
        6 responses
        2 likes
        Last Post ultls
        by ultls

Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:52 PM