On Connection Loss Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On Connection Loss Settings

I'm a little confused about what settings I should use in the "On Connection Loss" options. My strategy is unmanaged. Ideally, I would like it to just wait until reconnection and then continue as if nothing happened.

From what I read on this page (http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...strategies.htm) it sounds like the "Keep Running" option for "Handling" would be the right choice. Am I correct in understanding that it would just wait until it reconnects and continues running using the new data provided?

How does it deal with the historical data? As in, let's say it lost connection to my broker for an hour and then reconnected. Would it fill in the 60 bars that were missing, or would it just begin showing the new present-time bars? If it receives the missing 60 bars, would it try to place orders using that historical data (as in, it tries to place an order to bar 30, which is not the same price as the present-time bar, thus placing orders at the wrong price?)

Additionally, I don't understand the "Number of restart attempts" setting. Does that setting only apply if "Recalculate" is selected? If it is on "Keep Running" (or even "Stop Strategy") would it still try to restart the strategy? That seems counterintuitive, as restarting a strategy is not "keeping it running". So, if I select "Keep Running" will it just ignore the "Number of restart attempts" setting and the "Restarts within x minutes" setting? Should I set those to something specific? Also, should I set "Disconnect delay seconds" to like 99999999 or something like that?

Thanks in advance!

Hello geofftambler,

Thank you for writing to the support team.

...it sounds like the "Keep Running" option for "Handling" would be the right choice
    That is correct. With this setting, your strategy will continue without recalculating your Strategy Position.

When set to 'Recalculate', the strategy will recalculate its 'Strategy Position', this means that it will go through all historical bars to determine the positions it would have taken at that time.

Please see this help guide link on Strategy Position vs. Account Position:
    http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG..._account_p.htm

More on syncing positions here:
    http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG..._positions.htm

The number of restarts is the total number of times the connection was dropped, and subsequently, the maximum number of times the user wants their strategy to start up again after a disconnect. The restart attempt setting applies for all 'On connection lost' events.

If there is anything else I may assist with please let me know.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChrisL; 08-22-2017, 09:14 AM.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by traderbot, Today, 06:40 PM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post traderbot  
    Started by CCLQMT, Today, 05:31 PM
    0 responses