Continuum Demo Missing RTY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continuum Demo Missing RTY

I can't seem to find the new RTY E-MINI RUSSELL 2000 in NT8 with a demo account. Am I missing something? I restarted to "pull the update":

Hello,

Thank you for posting.

I'm happy to check into this with you if you would please email us at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace files. You will find these diagnostic files in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder. I will need to review a copy of the files which are named 'trace.20170822.XXXXX.txt'. There will likely be multiple files for each day.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Drew,

Thanks for the quick reply. I took a look at the trace and found the issue. I firewall unknown outbound connections. It appears the NT client is trying to connect to:

server='is-us-001.ninjatrader.com' port=31658

Which my firewall was blocking.

Is there a list of known domains and ports NT will use that I can open up?

Thanks!
      Last edited by maker; 08-23-2017, 07:57 PM.

Comment

maker,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I'm glad to hear this item was resolved, along with your other Forum thread post. In regards to the domains and ports, this can depend on who you connect to for data, version, etc. If any other errors are encountered, I'd be happy to review your trace and give a more personalized answer.

Comment

In regards to the domains and ports, this can depend on who you connect to for data, version, etc.
          Is this documented anywhere?

In this case, it's not the data feed, it's NT's own update. Not the data provider.

I'm a little concerned that this just stopped working as it's been fine for months. I tried to roll to the new contract date on QO, but it wasn't returned because the port was blocked.

The error is obvious in the trace file, but it is silent elsewhere. Unless you start experiencing this weird market loading behavior and go looking, there is no easy way to tell that you're not getting the updates.

If NT can't connect to get this update, can it be logged in the main Control Center Log or have a popup message? I think it's an important enough of an error that users should be aware when it happens.

Comment

maker,

Could you please clarify your statement "it's NT's own update. Not the data provider?" Rollover dates would be set in the platform's database, which is a local file. This means that if there was a problem with a rollover date, it was not due to a port being blocked.

In regards to your original inquiry, I am seeing on my end that the RTY instrument would not be available in NinjaTrader Continuum demos at this time, but this would be available with a live account or potentially through other data providers.

Could you provide some further details regarding what you were experiencing with QO rollover? I am seeing that the date to rollover to QO 12-17 was 07/31 in the platform.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_DrewO View Post
              Could you please clarify your statement "it's NT's own update. Not the data provider?"
              Before I opened the port, RTY did not show up in a search. If you read the RTY announcement here:

It says:
              NinjaTrader 8
              Restart NinjaTrader prior to July 9th to automatically receive the RTY database updates from the NinjaTrader server
              When you restart NT, it connects to:

NT8 is getting some update from that server to tell it about the new markets and contract dates. This is different from the live market data provider like Continuum.

Rollover dates would be set in the platform's database, which is a local file. This means that if there was a problem with a rollover date, it was not due to a port being blocked.
              That local file appears to get updated occasionally by connecting to:

I would like to know if that server and port will change and see an error in the Control Center Log if it's unable to connect and get these NT8 database updates.

On the other points:
              In regards to your original inquiry, I am seeing on my end that the RTY instrument would not be available in NinjaTrader Continuum demos at this time, but this would be available with a live account or potentially through other data providers.
              RTY is actually working fine for me on a NinjaTrader Continuum demo now.

Could you provide some further details regarding what you were experiencing with QO rollover? I am seeing that the date to rollover to QO 12-17 was 07/31 in the platform.
              Because I was unable to connect to:

I was unable to get whatever update Ninjatrader 8 needed to know about the QO 12-17 rollover. It only knew about the QO 08-17 contract, which was expired, so did not have any recent data in the last few weeks. Now that NT8 got whatever update it needed from that server, it knows about the QO 12-17 contract and QO is loading and working fine for me now.

Comment

maker,

Thanks for your reply post and clarification.

There are some database updates that will occur from NinjaTrader servers. However, this instrument should be available by default in the latest release of the platform.

To my knowledge that server address and port should not change, but I'll confirm with the data management team and follow up here directly with further information.

Comment

maker,

Thanks for your patience.

I have followed up with the Database Management team, who has let me know that while it would be possible that something could occur that would necessitate this address/port changing, there would not be any plans to do so at this time.

Comment

Drew,

Thanks for checking on that.

May I suggest this address and port get documented somewhere so it's easy to find in the future?
                    Can connection errors be added to the Control Center Log tab?

Thanks!

Comment

maker,

I'm happy to submit your feedback regarding this item. In both NinjaTrader 7 and NinjaTrader 8, connection errors would appear in the Log tab of the Control Center.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
                      4 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Barry Milan  
                      Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
                      2 responses
                      0 likes