Connection lost IB gateway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connection lost IB gateway

Is it possible to get an Alert/Email from NT or the IB Gate when I have a connection lost to the Data provider?

Did I do everything correct? Do I have to Fill in something in the Client ID of Forex Lot size?
    Screenshot: http://prntscr.com/gceqre

Hello MichaelAlexander,

You will hear the "connection lost" sound providing it is enabled at Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->General when you lose connection. NinjaTrader automatically tries to re-connect when a connection is lost.

Yes, the IB connection settings are setup as per the IB connection guide. Please leave Client ID to zero. I assume no other programs are connected to Gateway. You can select a forex lot size you like.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I know the Nt will reconnect to the IB Gate way when the connection is lost. but if the IB gateway has no connection. Can I get an Alert/email from this?

Why I have to fill in the Foex Lot size? Is this necessary? What does it do?

Comment

You would have to program your strategy to send an email when connection is lost. Unfortunately I am not a programmer myself, so I will not be much help. If you need assistance in this regard, I suggest to post a new message on our support forum under NinjaTrader 8 - Strategy Development.

It determines the default lot size used in NinjaTrader order entry windows upon trading forex.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by f.saeidi, Today, 12:14 PM
        7 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post f.saeidi  
        Started by Russ Moreland, Today, 12:54 PM
        1 response
        0 likes