Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 freezing when using the Chart Ruler

Hello support,

NT8 is freezing when I use the Chart Ruler. There are no errors generated in the event log. CPU and memory does not increase or spike. In Task manager (Windows 7) there are no entries saying "not responding"

My entire Workspace just freezes?

I have to kill the Ninjatrader process in task manager and start Ninjatrader again

Appreciate your help

Please clarify - your workspace is functional until you use the ruler?

What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.0)

I'll need your log and trace files to learn more about what is occurring and provide a solution.

You can send me your files by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 1758710 ATTN Patrick G and also include a link to this forum post.

Comment

Hi Patrick

I'm using version 8.0.8.0 64-bit

My Workspace works fine until I use the Ruler. I tried it again just before I emailed the files and NT8 froze again?

I emailed the log and trace files through NT8. Also included a zip file of log and trace files for previous time of freeze.

Comment

NT8 freezing when using the Chart Ruler

Hello Support

I'm still having this same problem. I rarely use the NT8 Ruler (for fear of it freezing NT) but when I do, NT8 freezes about 80% of the time. It's happened twice today.

I'll gladly submit my log and trace files again, but if you going to suggest rebuilding my entire workspace again...don't bother...it's not worth the man hours, effort and frustration...

If you can't find the problem, I'll look at purchasing a ruler from a third party

Appreciate your help

Comment

To diagnose the issue and discover the root cause, we need to eliminate variables and have reproducible steps so that I can then bring the issue up to the Development Team.

What steps would I need to take to reproduce what you're experiencing? Please be as precise and detailed as possible.

I would first suggest, if you have not already done so, to upgrade to 8.0.9.0 which was recently released. To upgrade NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below.
          • First, get your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
          • Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
          • Enter your license key and press Submit
          • Select 'NinjaTrader 8'
          • Select 'Download'

If the issue persists after the upgrade, send in your log and trace files along with a link to this forum post and also include 'ATTN Patrick G'.

Comment

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the reply

I'm already using v 8.0.9.0

I've tried to make it Freeze again but it won't now?

When it does freeze, nothing is logged in the event log. I also don't see anything in the Log and trace files.....no errors are generated....NT8 just freezes......it doesn't crash.

All I've noticed is that if I move the ruler around a chart, my CPU usage goes from 1% to 20%

I'll keep monitoring and report any new findings

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
            Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
            13 responses
            0 likes