• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Cannot display synthetic instrument

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot display synthetic instrument

Hello, for my reasons I created a “synthetic” historical instrument. I succeeded to add it to instrument list, afterwards I succeeded to import its “tick data”. However, when trying to display it on a chart I’m just getting an empty chart. I cross checked that the historical data exists for given chart interval. What could go wrong?

An update after a few minutes : a “synthetic instrument” in this context means certain data I created and I want to run NT indicators on it.

I overlooked "Default 24x7" option on the chart. Now it works properly. My fault.
    Last edited by xTrader1; 08-25-2017, 11:04 AM.

I apologize for the delayed response. I have been testing this on my end to see what could be causing the issue. Creating and charting 'synthetic' instruments and data has no known restrictions in NinjaTrader 8. I am glad you were able to find the solution.
    Patrick G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Do synthetic instruments work real time?

Do synthetic instruments work real time? If so how does one go about it? I want to synthesize multiple instruments into one instrument that other indicators can reference. See my threat at http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ynthetic+chart

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by stalt, Today, 07:52 AM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_PatrickG  
      Started by im197, 07-30-2019, 12:29 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse