Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Close Botton opened new order???

Hello,

My close button seems to put me into the market when I do not have any current position on.

Today I was long one futures contract (QM) and went to close my position using the "CLOSE" button on the Chart Trader window. It closed my open position but then seemed to immediately open a new position. I'm not sure if I hit the "CLOSE" button twice or not but I immediately hit the "CLOSE" button again and the second position closed.

Having never experienced this before and not knowing what the hell was going on, I went ahead and hit the "CLOSE" button a third time and I was put back into the market. I hit "CLOSE" to get out and stopped trading for the day.

Any idea why the close button is putting me into the market with a new position?

Also, my NT Trade Performance shows the "Entry Name" as "Close". I've never seen this before!

Attached is the sequence of trades

Thanks for any help!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bpettee; 08-29-2017, 09:57 AM.

CRITICAL — If your inquiry involves live orders and unexpected order behavior, please always reach out to your broker's Orders Desk immediately to confirm and manage your live orders and positions.

I'll need to look into your log and trace files to see details about your orders today. Please send me these files.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 1760737 ATTN Patrick G

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post WHICKED
    by WHICKED

Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
    15 responses
    0 likes