Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Irukandji View Post
    chart snapping

My vote too - please look at eSignal - they do it perfectly, just copy them lol
    As does Think or Swim and Sierra Charts. Insane that a top notch professional program does have this feature. Very amateurish.

Comment

Bigron009 I've added your vote. As I mentioned in the other thread you posted on, you may find a work-around in the new Windows tool 'Fancy Zones'. You can find additional information about this tool here:

https://insider.windows.com/en-us/ar...-of-powertoys/

Comment

Please add my vote for this too. You would think they could come up with a better name than 'FancyZones'
        Patrick have you tried this for windows 10 and ninja 8 - to see if it actually works and is effective before i run through all the setup steps?
        And is only for windows 10 correct?
        thanks
        Last edited by explorer101; 09-24-2019, 10:53 AM.

Comment

explorer101 , added.

We have not internally tested this tool in any capacity.

Also, for any other users asking to add their vote, I will no longer be confirming additions as posts in this thread, but will be adding the votes to our internal tracking.

Comment

Please add my vote for this too - version 8. Thanks

Comment

Please add my vote as well.

Comment

I tried Fancy zones and it only works with the control center window not with chart windows. That is I can drag all windows except NT chart windows in the "Fancy zones".

Comment

Hi Patrick,
                  I hate this "voting", but please add my vote.
                  Such obvious items should NOT depend on voting. The suggestion to use additional software/tools to overcome Ninja limitations sounds somewhat strange to me.
                  I'd accept this if coupled with "it's on our development list and will be deployed by ... until then would you mind to ...", but not as general "advice".
                  NT-Roland

Comment

Please add my vote as well. I tried fancy zones and something like this would be soo much better than manually having to do this all the time. Very annoying!

Comment

Originally posted by NT-Roland View Post
                      Hi Patrick,
                      I hate this "voting", but please add my vote.
                      Such obvious items should NOT depend on voting. The suggestion to use additional software/tools to overcome Ninja limitations sounds somewhat strange to me.
                      I'd accept this if coupled with "it's on our development list and will be deployed by ... until then would you mind to ...", but not as general "advice".
                      NT-Roland
                      totally - it's like you just bought a new house and you find they haven't put any windows in - you tell them, "er, this house obviously needs windows" and they reply "well we've heard other people are taping cardboard over the holes to block out the wind and cold so we suggest you try that too."

WHAT!

Comment

Please add my vote as well. AquaSnap is a great tool that allows windows snapping and resizing / grouping, but won't work for the windows created by NT8. That would be a great add, as keeping NT windows organized is tough to do, especially when you need to switch between apps. Clicking on a background window brings it forward requiring clicking on every NT window to bring it forward. Not to mention, without grouping of windows, just finding which window to bring forward can be a challenge when you have quad charts across multiple screens

Comment

#jsoctus - “Clicking on a background window brings it forward requiring clicking on every NT window to bring it forward. Not to mention, without grouping of windows, just finding which window to bring forward can be a challenge when you have quad charts across multiple screens”
                          There is a Windows solution to this - mouse-over your Taskbar to make the Ninjatrader program icon visible. Mouse over the Ninja icon an RIGHT CLICK. This will bring up a pop-up Menu with options, one of which brings ALL open Ninja Windows to the foreground in their existing location and size I.e. it does not Tile them, maximise them etc, it simply brings them all to the foreground more easily than manually doing so to each. I hope this may be useful to you.
                          Unfortunately as far as I am aware there isn’t a Windows Keyboard Shortcut to achieve same which would be helpful, just hit a Hotkey.

There are 2 issues in this thread - arranging windows within Ninja Workspaces, and prioritising Applications and their open windows to the Foreground within Windows. The above gives you the latter more easily than clicking each Ninja chart window.
                          Ninja Support are aware of this solution. Given that this is such a basic function and effectively a partial workaround to a platform shortcoming (I say partial workaround - you still have to manually configure your workspace Ninja windows but once saved you can more easily switch to that layout being on top), one might expect this solution would be more readily available as a Help tutorial video or likewise.

Wrt arranging Windows within Ninja, as I understand it the ‘issue’ regarding providing a solution is to do with Ninja’s choice of .wpf Windows (above my pay grade). But it can be done. NVIDIA’s nView Desktop Management software can, for example.
                          Best,

Comment

You can arrange you NT8 windows easy Win10 has the feature to do it. 1. Maximize window 2. hold "windows" key and press left or right key - and your windows will make exact 50% of your screen 3. if its not enough do it again (up or down) - and you window will become exact 25% of your screen. You can play around like that with all NT8 windows. I was struggling with NT8 windows arrangements for years till I knew this feature. Enjoy

Comment

Add my vote, please.

As an example from another platform, being able to bind windows together would be a great improvement:Click image for larger version

Name:	yjqoj9fEkd.png
Views:	293
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	1176326

Comment

Originally posted by IceSaw View Post
                                You can arrange you NT8 windows easy Win10 has the feature to do it. 1. Maximize window 2. hold "windows" key and press left or right key - and your windows will make exact 50% of your screen 3. if its not enough do it again (up or down) - and you window will become exact 25% of your screen. You can play around like that with all NT8 windows. I was struggling with NT8 windows arrangements for years till I knew this feature. Enjoy
                                This does not work? I'm pressing the key and no juice. This should've just been a basic feature and is not acceptable.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by elderan, Today, 08:03 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post elderan
                                by elderan

Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes