• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Charts for replaying historic data?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charts for replaying historic data?

Hi there, how to I load charts, to replay historic data?

I'm upgrading from NT7, to NT8. What I'm not clear about is creating historic charts. For instance,, in NT7, I could create a chart according to its expiry. For the ES, I would create charts ES 3-16, ES 6-16, and ES 9-16. In NT8, there doesn't appear to be a notion of an expiry? That is, I would just load the current chart, ES 9-17, and perform my replay to that?

Working through an example, say I wanted to replay the ES for year 2015. I know in NT7, this means creating four charts, ES 3-15, ES 6-15, ES 9-15, and ES 12-15, and then replay the year 2015 to those charts. How would I replay ES year 2015 in NT8 then?

Thanks,

Hello timmbbo,

The functionality is the same.

You will need to use an expiry contract month for the instrument to be a future in NinjaTrader 8 and NinjaTrader 7. If you do not use an expiry, it will load an equity and not future.

Likely you are loading the ES as an equity..

The merge policy and rollover dates are the same.

Should you need to load data for an expired instrument, you would need to set the End date of the chart to a date where that contract month was trading and use the proper contract month for that period.

For example to load data for the ES 06-17, type ES 06-17 into the chart and hit enter.
    Then in the Data Series window set the end date to 5/29/2017 (or some other date before June 8th)
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by derivtrader, Today, 10:14 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post derivtrader  
    Started by Mindset, Today, 10:06 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes