Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Days to Load in "Data Series" screen keeps reverting back to minimum days.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Days to Load in "Data Series" screen keeps reverting back to minimum days.

I am using NT for currencies using DTNIQ feed. The standard for 240 minute is 5 days of bars using the Data Series input. I adjust the days to load to say 100 days and the information loads just fine. I then change the time period to a daily, the chart loads, I then revert back to the 240 minute period and sure enough the chart reverts back to a 5 day load again meaning I have to rechange to Data Series to 100 Days. This happens at all time periods. Is there anyway to either get the program to establish higher base days for these periods or even retain the data it has already downloaded. Help appreciated as I am getting no assistance from technical support. Will

Hello Jconstable,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums!

In NinjaTrader8 what you can do is to "preset" the minute bar chart to load 100 days. When you switch between day bars and any minute bars it will load the saved preset of 100 days.

To save a preset (think of this as the default settings for that particular bar type (sorry, only 1 preset per bar type)), open the data series and select Minute then set the value as needed and set the number of days to load. Once the values are set as you wish, at the bottom right of the data series window, left click on the word "preset minute", then left click on save and then OK to close the window.

So for example, if you select the minute data series and set the value of 240 and the days to load to 100, then save the preset, each time you create a minute chart, or switch to a minute chart, the preset of 240 minute 100 days to load will be used. At any time you can return to the original settings by going to Preset and selecting "restore" which will reset the minute bars to be 1 minute 5 days of data.

For further clarity, please see the helpguide section titled, "Understanding Data Series default settings" in this link: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG..._templates.htm
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for assistance, seems to be working.

Comment

Originally posted by Jconstable View Post
        Thanks for assistance, seems to be working.
        I have another query along the same line. When I open a chart, on the top there is a data line which lists the instrument and the period I am using but it then goes on to list all of the items I have on the chart such as sma, prior day etc. How do I minimize or limit given sometimes this contains so much data on a small chart that I can't see the data I am calling up?

Another question is how do I get the charts to move up and down. In NT7 you can make the chart move up or down in a frozen state using Ctrl while left mouse clicking, and moving up and down, on the price bar which results in the chart moving up and down. This does not work in NT8?

TIA Will
        Last edited by Jconstable; 09-07-2017, 09:10 AM. Reason: Added additional question

Comment

Hello Jconstable,

Thanks for your reply.

The information being show lists all of the applied indicators and their specific parameters. You have two other options for this display. You can reduce to just show the name of the indicator (no parameters) or you can completely remove all of the information.

To accomplish, either, open the indicators panel and on the lower left side, left click on the name of one of the indicators loaded on the chart to then be able to see the parameters of the indicator on the right. In the parameters section, locate the row "Label". In that row is the name of the indicator. To just show the name, add quotation marks before and after the name and click apply or OK. To remove all information, delete the contents of the row Label and click apply or OK.

For further information, please see the label section in " How to edit an indicator's parameters" of this section of the helpguide: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...indicators.htm

Note (tip): You can also use the Label row to place any text you wish on the chart, just enclose what you type in quotes (to avoid showing all the parameters). For example, if you create/use chart templates this is a place where you can enter the name of the template used to create the chart.

Comment

Thanks again, works.

Another question is how do I get the charts to move up and down. In NT7 you can make the chart move up or down in a frozen state using Ctrl while left mouse clicking and moving up and down, on the price bar which results in the chart moving up and down. This does not work in NT8?

Comment

Hello Jconstable,

Thanks for your reply.

There are a number of means for moving the bars and rescaling the chart and recommend you review the helpguide video here: https://youtu.be/uha01b8X_J0

To answer your question, with the cursor in the price panel (but not on a bar), hold the Ctrl key and left click to drag the chart bars around the chart in a way that you could not in NT7.

Comment

Thanks for all of you're excellent help. I finally figured out the setting that enables a chart to go up and down, which was not in the videos I reviewed so far. You need to untick the "Center price on scale" so that the entire chart can go up or down without changing scale. For the sake of members you do this by going to the "Data Series" window and scroll down to the "Visual" tab and then "Center price on scale" item where you untick the selection.

Comment

Valuable Price Bar Screen Space

Currency prices undoubtedly use the most screen space with about 1.25" the default space allocated for the y price axis. I would like to reclaim some of that valuable space by 3/8" of an inch. Where would I find that info. TIA

Comment

Hello Jconstable,

Thanks for your reply.

I am uncertain regarding your query but I suspect you may want to look at the upper and lower "margin" of the chart panel which by default are set to 6%. To access, in the vertical price scale of the panel on the right, right mouse click and select "properties", you can adjust by percentage or price. Reference: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...art_panels.htm

Note: As this topic is not related to the title of the thread we recommend that new topics/subjects be created in a new thread so that forums users can find threads related to their topic of interest, thanks for your understanding. Alternatively, you can always write in to platformsupport[at]NinjaTrader[dot]com

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by pechtri, 06-22-2023, 02:31 AM
                    10 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Leeroy_Jenkins  
                    Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                    4 responses
                    0 likes