Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to get rid off these annoying warnings when compiling ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get rid off these annoying warnings when compiling ?

Hi,

I'm new to NT8, so I began to do simple things. After trying to compile a simple strategy, they came up several "warnings" not errors, from other sources, in regard to graphics updates.

The warning:
    Warning: 'System.Windows.Media.FormattedText.FormattedText( string, System.Globalization.CultureInfo, System.Windows.FlowDirection, System.Windows.Media.Typeface, double, System.Windows.Media.Brush)' is obsolete: 'Use the PixelsPerDip override'

The line where the warning came from ( @APQ.cs )
    FormattedText noteText = new FormattedText(apq != long.MinValue ? apq.ToString(Core.Globals.GeneralOptions.CurrentCu lture) : "N/A", Core.Globals.GeneralOptions.CurrentCulture, FlowDirection.LeftToRight, typeFace, SuperDom.Font.Size, ForeColor) { MaxLineCount = 1, MaxTextWidth = this.renderWidth - 6, Trimming = TextTrimming.CharacterEllipsis };

Please let me know how to correct this.

Thanks in advance

I imagine that a quick solution could come from this:

Comment

Hello pstrusi,

Thank you for your post.

I am not certain how you came about these warnings, are you using Visual Studio when compiling?

Can you attach a screenshot of the warnings that clearly shows the line number of the code that is offending?
      To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...#1TC=windows-8

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction: http://take-a-screenshot.org/

I look forward to your response.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
        Hello pstrusi,

Thank you for your post.

I am not certain how you came about these warnings, are you using Visual Studio when compiling?

Can you attach a screenshot of the warnings that clearly shows the line number of the code that is offending?
        To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...#1TC=windows-8

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction: http://take-a-screenshot.org/

Hi Patrick,

I'm just barely using NT8 script editor. Here you go attached the jpeg file to verify.
        The error is just what I put before in this post. I imagine that with simple changes in those superdom files would be solved.

Let me know please, this is annoying and it shouldn't occur with this great platform.

Thanks. Looking forward
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by pstrusi View Post
          Hi Patrick,

I'm just barely using NT8 script editor. Here you go attached the jpeg file to verify.
          The error is just what I put before in this post. I imagine that with simple changes in those superdom files would be solved.

Let me know please, this is annoying and it shouldn't occur with this great platform.

Thanks. Looking forward
          Patrick, there's something that I suspect might be causing this unexpected error for you. Despite I don't have OPENED VisualBasic during my NT works, yes it is installed in my pc, so maybe this is sufficient to create some troubles with NTscript editor. Check that out. Since I have a lot of work coding, and I can't exclude them from compile, solving this annoying issue is important to me; I don't care if I have to delete some file, changing something...etc Looking forward to suggestions here
          Last edited by pstrusi; 09-08-2017, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Hello pstrusi,

Thank you for your response.

It seems you may be missing references in the installation. Can you open the NinjaScript Editor > right click and select References, then compare to the attached screenshot and advise if anything is missing?

Attached Files

Comment

Hello pstrusi,

It seems you may be missing references in the installation. Can you open the NinjaScript Editor > right click and select References, then compare to the attached screenshot and advise if anything is missing?

Nope, I have them all.

Comment

Hello pstrusi,

I would like to set up a remote session with you to look into this further on your PC.

Please reach out to me at platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with 'ATTN: Patrick H' in the subject line and a reference to this thread in the body of the email.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Hello pstrusi,

I would like to set up a remote session with you to look into this further on your PC.

Please reach out to me at platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with 'ATTN: Patrick H' in the subject line and a reference to this thread in the body of the email.

I look forward to assisting you further.
                  Patrick, I appreciate your help but there's must be another way to solve a simple issue other than remote session, to be honest, I don't like it anything remote connected to my pc. So this left me wondering:

Am I the only one with this problem?

I can hardly believe that having a pretty decent pc, with the very last windows 10 update, and after a clean installation, there's left something out of order.

I wouldn't like to uninstall VisualBasic but I suspect that having it in my pc might be causing the problem.

Looking forward

Comment

Hello pstrusi,

I have not seen this specific error reported before. The warning would indicate a missing file. Please attempt a reinstall to ensure all files are present with the instructions below. Please follow the instructions below exactly as they instruct on renaming the config to ensure the files are replaced properly.
                    1. Close all running applications.
                    2. Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel.
                    3. Then go to the following directory on your PC: Documents\NinjaTrader 8.
                    4. Rename the Config.xml file to Config.prev.xml.
                    5. Reboot your machine.
                    6. Once these steps are completed, download and install NT8 from the following link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
                    7. Start up NinjaTrader and it will create a new Config and replace any missing files.
                    8. Once the start up is finished shut NinjaTrader down.
                    9. Then go back to Documents\NinjaTrader 8 and delete the Config.xml and rename the Config.prev.xml back to Config.xml
                    10. Start up NinjaTrader and compile.

Please let me know if this does not resolve the matter or if you have any questions.

Comment

Thanks a lot for this possible solution, since markets are still opened, I can't do it right away, so it'll be tomorrow. As soon as I've installed successfully, I'll post it here. One thing: since I've done a lot of adjustments and configuration, would it advisable to do a backup for later restore, or do you think that it might have corrupted files ?

Comment

Hello pstrusi,

There is the possibility of corrupted files, but I suspect missing files. I would say creating a backup to restore to later would be advisable at this point in our troubleshooting.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Hello pstrusi,

I have not seen this specific error reported before. The warning would indicate a missing file. Please attempt a reinstall to ensure all files are present with the instructions below. Please follow the instructions below exactly as they instruct on renaming the config to ensure the files are replaced properly.
                          1. Close all running applications.
                          2. Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel.
                          3. Then go to the following directory on your PC: Documents\NinjaTrader 8.
                          4. Rename the Config.xml file to Config.prev.xml.
                          5. Reboot your machine.
                          6. Once these steps are completed, download and install NT8 from the following link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
                          7. Start up NinjaTrader and it will create a new Config and replace any missing files.
                          8. Once the start up is finished shut NinjaTrader down.
                          9. Then go back to Documents\NinjaTrader 8 and delete the Config.xml and rename the Config.prev.xml back to Config.xml
                          10. Start up NinjaTrader and compile.

Please let me know if this does not resolve the matter or if you have any questions.
                          Hi Patrick,

Just to let you know that your procedure has solved the compile warning problem. Nonetheless, have in mind too, that I uninstalled VisualBasic2015 from my pc in order to eliminate any other source of problems.

Thanks, now I can crack it on !

Regards

Comment

Hi Patrick,

Just to let you know that your procedure has solved the compile warning problem. Nonetheless, have in mind too, that I uninstalled VisualBasic2015 from my pc in order to eliminate any other source of problems.

Thanks, now I can crack it on !

Regards
                            Well, after a couple of hours coding, in a recent compilation, once again the annoying compilation warnings, coming from the same files of SuperDom just pop up, incredible; I can't understand this. I'm gonna repeat the installation from scratch cause I suspect there're corrupt files in Ninja8 folder. I'll post the outcome.

Comment

Well, after a couple of hours coding, in a recent compilation, once again the annoying compilation warnings, coming from the same files of SuperDom just pop up, incredible; I can't understand this. I'm gonna repeat the installation from scratch cause I suspect there're corrupt files in Ninja8 folder. I'll post the outcome.
                              I've installed from scratch, erasing all nt8 folder. I've just done a compilation and so far it's ok once again, hopefully, it keeps that way.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by ScottW, Today, 06:09 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                              Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post ScottWalsh