Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving Ninjatrader.Custom do a different machine

Hi

I have modified heavily the Ninjatrader.Custom and want to move it to another machine. Although it compile fine NT complains that cannot load and the only entry in the log is

2017-09-08 17:22:24:346|0|4|Unable to retrieve type info for 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.AddOnBase' from assembly 'NinjaTrader.Custom': Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.

How do I get the LoaderExceotions, already tried the fuslogvw but nothing related there

forgot to mention that i have restored all references in the Config.xml

Comment

Hello tolisss,

Thanks for writing in.

The error received is a generic C# error. The message advises to retrieve the LoaderException properties from Reflection using a try catch.

As we already know the issue is caused by references in the custom assembly, I would advise to restore the platform on the target PC to a clean state, and then to import the NinjaScripts from your other PC that have been exported as a NinjaTrader Backup. This will rename any references to PC agnostic names that receive complete and correct names on import.

You can restore NinjaTrader to a clean state by renaming the platform folder in My Documents from "NinjaTrader 8" to "NinjaTrader 8 OLD" and then uninstalling and reinstalling the platform. Your personal settings are kept in the "My Documents/NinjaTrader 8" folder and renaming it beforehand will keep your settings safe when a clean instance of the platform is created.

If you would like further assistance repairing the custom assembly, please write in to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with the text Attention Jim and the thread URL. I would then like to arrange a time where we can get connected to troubleshoot further.
      JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by frslvr, 04-11-2024, 07:26 AM
      9 responses
      1 like
      Last Post caryc123  
      Started by rocketman7, Today, 09:41 AM
      4 responses
      0 likes