Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Contents of a Backup File and its affects on a different machine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contents of a Backup File and its affects on a different machine.

Hello, I have a customer who is having some technical issues that I'm trying to help them through.

Since I am having trouble reproduce the issue locally, they sent me an NT Backup File.

I am extremely hesitant to try and import something like this, locally, since I do not want to lose or change my settings. I especially don't want to lose my custom indicators, etc.

Is there information about what exactly is included within a Backup File? What modifications does it make? Does it delete files in order to match what is in the Backup File? Is there a safe way to handle this (backing up my current setup, import another, then revert back to mine when finished)?

Thank you!

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

If you go to Tools>Export>Backup File, there is a list of items that you have the option to back up.

If you wanted to test somebody's backup. you could export a backup yourself, import the clients backup, then import your backup once you are done. The existing files will not be deleted though.

What you could do is copy your license key to a .txt file, rename the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder in your Documents to 'NinjaTrader 8OLD', then download the installer from ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect Run the installer to generate a new NinjaTrader 8 folder in the Documents then import the clients backup. Once you are done, delete the NinjaTrader 8 folder and rename 'NinjaTrader 8OLD' to 'NinjaTrader 8'

If we may be of any further assistance, please let us know.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Pattontje, Yesterday, 02:10 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Pattontje  
    Started by flybuzz, 04-21-2024, 04:07 PM
    17 responses
    0 likes