Multi Broker query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi Broker query

Hi, I have searched for a complete explanation about multi broker licences, but found nothing in the help files or google search.
    If such does exist would you kindly give me a link?

The query I have is:
    I realise that 2 be able to connect to 2 brokers simultaneously I would need the multi broker licence.
    BUT, if I want to connect to 2 different brokers separately, at different times, never at the same time, would I still require the multi broker licence? If so, why?

Cheers,
    Ken.

Hello KennyK,

Thank you for your post.

The multi broker license key will allow you to connect and trade with any of our supported brokers. This means you can trade with multiple brokers simultaneously or you can choose to do so individually.

Each single broker license key is designated for use with one specific brokerage technology. So you would only be able to connect with that designated broker. As a hypothetical example, let's suppose you have a single broker broker license key for Interactive Brokers. This license would allow you to connect and trade with Interactive Brokers, but you would not be able to access any other brokerage connections.

If you would like to trade stocks with TD Ameritrade alongside your Interactive Brokers account, then you would need a multi broker license key. This would be the case even if you do not intend to connect to both accounts at the same time. The ability to connect to both Interactive Brokers and TD Ameritrade, simultaneously or individually, would be considered a multi broker scenario.

If you closed your account with Interactive Brokers and opened a new account with TD Ameritrade, then we can convert your single broker license key from Interactive Brokers to TD Ameritrade. Doing so will allow you to set up a connection to TD Ameritrade, but this would also remove your existing connection to Interactive Brokers and prevent you from creating any new connections to any broker other than TD Ameritrade.

Feel free to contact us if you are ever in need of support.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
    Started by Radano, 06-10-2021, 01:40 AM
    20 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH