Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trendlines on all charts

Hi NT,

Is there way to default trendlines so that they always show on ALL CHARTS (instead of having to do this manually for each trendline)

Thanks
    AK

Hello akvevo,

Thank you for your post.

You can apply your trend lines to all chart of the same instrument. But you could not apply the trend lines to charts using different instruments.

Please double click the trend lines to open the properties menu. Set 'Attach to' (Your instrument, All charts) and click OK. The drawing object will now be plotted in all charts of the same instrument.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Shawn,

Yes, indeed I want apply my trend lines to all chart of the same instrument.

Setting 'Attach to' is great, but i do do on every trendline I draw.
      I am looking for way to to default this behaviour.

Comment

Hello akvevo,

Thank you for your post.

You could create and save a Default draw object template for your trend lines.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over Drawing Tools and Object templates. Please expand the section labeled, Understanding Drawing Object Templates.

In the trend line properties. Left mouse click on the template text located in the bottom right of the Properties dialog. Selecting save will open the Save window, ensure Default is in the text box. Click the Save button when finished

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
        Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I've had the same problem now for almost a year. I've dialogued with you all about it as well to no avail. This just doesn't work. Does it not work for all of us or just the ones to post to the boards?

I go into the drawing object. Select it. Change it to be global "all charts." Then click apply. Then click save and save as default. Never works. Still have to do each object individually and this is seriously impeding my trading. Must a coding error in there somewhere. Would be great if it could be fixed.

Comment

Hello Tom,

Thank you very much for your message.

At the current time, the Drawing Tool template does not save the instrument in its template.

As this also includes the setting on whether it is saved to one or all charts, this would not currently be saved as part of the template, and as such, does not apply to newly placed drawing tools.

We are currently looking into this and hope to bring this feature back with one of our next releases.

To follow any updates to our new releases, please review the following website:

Please don't hesitate to let me know if there is anything else we may assist you with!
            Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I don't need it specifically related to save the instrument, just save a template that a certain drawing too, trendline, for example, will apply across all same instruments, just as it seems to offer in the chart and in the tutorials. Is this not the intent of the software or am I misunderstanding? This is still what I need so I can do multi-timeframe analysis.
              Last edited by TomTownsend; 11-29-2020, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Hello Tom,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I do agree, the "Global" setting should be saved independently from the instrument itself.

At the current time, this is saved together and excluded from templates. We have submitted a feature request to save this independently in the template file, which would then apply regardless of the instrument.

Comment

In NinjaTrader version 8.0.22.2 or older, creating a default template for drawing tools to be attached to all charts by default was working fine. The problem got introduced in version 8.0.23.0 or 8.0.23.1.

In version 8.0.22.2 it was easy to change a drawing tool to make it visible by default on all charts upon drawing it. It was independent of instruments. To make a drawing tool global by default was easy, we just had to saving a default template of the desired drawing tool with the "Attach to" setting set to (All charts) as the procedure described by TomTownsend.

What I have discovered is with version 8.0.23.1, the templated I saved from version 8.0.22.2 with "Attach to" (All charts) still allow to draw drawing tools to all charts by default. But if I modify these old templates, then the setting of "Attach to" (All charts) is no longer set by default. If I restore back the templates from a backup from NT v8.0.22.2 the old setting is of drawing to All charts by default is working again.

I also discovered that with version 8.0.22.2 the following line was included near the end of the template xml file
                  Code:
                   <IsGlobalDrawingObjectDefault>true</IsGlobalDrawingObjectDefault>
                  This line is not included for templates created with v8.0.23.2

I extensively use the drawing tools attached to all charts. Would you please restore the functionality as it was in version 8.0.22.2 in the next release.
                  ASCENDO Trading
                  NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - ASCENDO Trading

Comment

Hello ASCENDO Trading,

An update in 8.0.23.2 caused the unexpected effect of this information no longer saving.

While this will be changed in our newest release, to be released in the near future, we have a temporary solution for this in place.

The attached NinjaScript, once imported into your platform and attached as an indicator, will restore the drawing objects for the current instrument, once you switch to it.

To Import:
                    1. Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
                    2. From the Control Center window select the menu Tools > Import > NinjaScript Add-on...
                    3. Select the downloaded .zip file
                    4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.
                    Once 8.0.24.0 releases, this script would no longer be necessary.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hello Manfred,

Just to let you know the problem described in this tread as been corrected with version 8.0.24.0 and 8.0.24.1. I have not yet tested 24.2 but I'm sure it will work fine. Thanks to the NinjaTrader team for having restored the expected behaviour.
                      ASCENDO Trading
                      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - ASCENDO Trading

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
                      2 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post TraderBCL  
                      Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
                      14 responses