Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied
    You're misunderstanding the example of what the file will look like with what the files will actually be named. the "ab" and "ab-CD" are simply placeholder letters meant to demonstrate the format of the files you should be deleting versus the files you shouldn't.

If the language you are seeing is Spanish, then the literal file name would be Resource.es.resx. Please follow these instructions literally:
    1) Shut down NinjaTrader
    2) Open Windows File Explorer and navigate to Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > bin > Custom
    3) Delete 'NinjaTrader.Custom.dll' and 'Resource.es.resx' (these files may not have '.dll' or '.resx' at the end depending on your Windows settings).
    4) CRITICAL — DO NOT delete any other files in this folder. Many files have similar names. Please be certain you are deleting the exact files above.
    5) Restart NinjaTrader

Leave a comment:

• Optiondreamer
    replied
    In the folder "\bin\Custom" I do not have any file "Resource.ab.resx", only "ab-CD", strange...
    Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied
    You're removing the incorrect files.

1) Delete all the Resource.ab.resx files where ab is any two lowercase letters.
    2) Leave all the Resource.ab-CD.resx files

Here are the full set of steps assuming the Spanish language is the one we're wanting to eliminate:
    1) Shut down NinjaTrader
    2) Open Windows File Explorer and navigate to Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > bin > Custom
    3) Delete 'NinjaTrader.Custom.dll' and 'Resource.es.resx' (these files may not have '.dll' or '.resx' at the end depending on your Windows settings).
    4) CRITICAL — DO NOT delete any other files in this folder. Many files have similar names. Please be certain you are deleting the exact files above.
    5) Restart NinjaTrader

Leave a comment:

• Optiondreamer
    replied
    Version: 8.0.23.1 64-bit
    Deleted files:
    First attempt:
    NinjaTrader.Custom.dll
    Resource.es-ES.resx
    Second attempt:
    NinjaTrader.Custom.dll
    Resource.*.resx
    Third attemp:
    NinjaTrader.Custom.dll
    Resource.*.resx
    Folders "de-DE", "es-ES", and so on...

Its a clean install on a new pc.
    Tried to uninstall, delete all and re-install. Nothing...
    Only works if I change Windows language to English, but have no sense for me.
    Maybe there´s a problem with resources dictionary, in the properties image there are two numbers with different decimal separators.
    "Sim feed start price" has a dot and "Tick size" has a comma.

Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied
    What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.?.?)

To clarify, you followed Josh's instructions in post #2 (quoted below)? If so, I would not expect this to resolve a Spanish language issue since the original instructions were meant for a German language issue. More accurate instructions would be from post #11 which should resolve all language issues:

I recommend following the original steps again but this time add these steps
    1) Delete all the Resource.ab.resx files where ab is any two lowercase letters.
    2) Leave all the Resource.ab-CD.resx files

Can you elaborate on exactly what files you removed? Do you currently see/did you remove a file named "Resource.es.resx"?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JoshG View Post
    Hello,
    Thanks for your post.

Here are the complete steps to resolve this error:

1) Shut down NinjaTrader
    3) Delete 'NinjaTrader.Custom.dll' and 'Resource.de.resx' (these files may not have '.dll' or '.resx' at the end depending on your Windows settings).
    5) Restart NinjaTrader

If we may assist you further please let us know.

Leave a comment:

• Optiondreamer
    replied
    Hello,
    I have language options setting in English, but some fields appears in Spanish. I've tried before instrucctions but not working. Any idea?
    Regards.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• wildwex
    replied
    Hello,
    Thanks for your post.

Here are the complete steps to resolve this error:

1) Shut down NinjaTrader
    3) Delete 'NinjaTrader.Custom.dll' and 'Resource.de.resx' (these files may not have '.dll' or '.resx' at the end depending on your Windows settings).
    5) Restart NinjaTrader

If we may assist you further please let us know.
    This also helped when upgrading to the latest 8.0.18.0 release. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• wildwex
    replied
    I've experienced the same issue upgrading NT8 to version 8.0.18.0 which was released yesterday.
    While removing the files work, the reason why the indicators play 'peek a boo' and don't show and show
    may be resolved simply by running the EDITOR and clicking the COMPILE option to recompile your code.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_JoshG
    replied

Please write in to PlatformSupport(AT)NinjaTrader(DOT)com and reference this forum post with RE:JOSH in the subject line. Please attach your Log and Trace files to your email so that I may investigate this matter further. You may follow the steps below to attach those files.
    • Open your NinjaTrader folder under My Documents.
    • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Leave a comment:

• Taggart
    replied
    Taggart,

Thanks for that information. Can you please also take a screenshot of the language you are uncertain about?
    It appears to be Spanish, but it's not consistent. There is still a fair amount of English.
    Last edited by Taggart; 11-14-2018, 01:31 PM. Reason: Edit: It seems to appear mostly in dialog boxes, such as this chart example as well as indicator dialog boxes. Drop down menus are all English.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_JoshG
    replied
    Taggart,

Thanks for that information. Can you please also take a screenshot of the language you are uncertain about?

Leave a comment:

• Taggart
    replied
    Hello Taggart,

What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you on?
    Version 8.0.16.2

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_JoshG
    replied
    Hello Taggart,

What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you on?

Leave a comment:

• Taggart
    replied
    I'm having the same problem. I followed the steps in post #2 and the language changed from German to another language (not sure which). I don't seem to have the files that are listed in post #9. Please advise.

Leave a comment:

• 5lim3r
    replied
    Ah! That seems to have done it. I can see my custom indicators now.

I have applied one and the language is the same.

I guess I will have to wait until I install a new indicator to see if the language changes again but, for now, all good.

Thanks so much for your help

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
47 responses
0 likes
Last Post aligator  
Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
0 responses
0 likes