Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corrupted charts

Hi...I'm using NT8 8.0.6.1.

On launching just now with IB feed, all my charts appear corrupted with outlier data. Anything I can do to repair without manually reloading history for each of many charts? I have 8 windows each with about 5 different chart tabs.

Any tips for preventative maintenance for the future pls?

Thanks...

Hello Tradersam,
    At this time I would recommend updating to the latest version of NinjaTrader 8 and testing your charts again.
    To upgrade NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below.

First, get your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
    Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
    Enter your license key and press Submit
    Select 'NinjaTrader 8' if you are on NinjaTrader 8.
    Select 'Download'
    Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.

Comment

I have the same issue with with version NT 8.0.9.0 and IB. Some charts are corrupt. I did correctly update to the latest version of NT8.. For example last nite, PTCT shows that it was at $55 and SBRA was at $8. At least I know this is also occurring on version 8.0.6.1 which saves me the effort in downgrading to attempt to solve the issue.

I LINKED THREE CHARTS HERE: https://imgur.com/a/Zjx9Q

I launched NT 8.0.9.0 in safe mode and get the same issue when I load a new PTCT chart with the template set as None.
      Last edited by grazz; 09-26-2017, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Hello Tradersam and grazz,
        Can you please attach a screenshot of your charts so I may view the exact behavior you are experiencing?
        To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.

Learn how to use Snipping Tool to capture a screenshot, or snip, of any object on your screen, and then annotate, save, or share the image.

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

How to take a screenshot on your smartphone, tablet, notebook or desktop computer

Comment

Here are two screenshots showing unrealistic stock prices. Not sure what's causing this.

Like I mentioned, I launched the latest NT8 in safe mode and opened one of these charts with no template and it showed the same issue. The IB charts (960.2.g) look fine. I Reloaded All Historical Data on all charts which seemed to have fixed the issue. See what happens this week. Thanks so much
          Attached Files
          Last edited by grazz; 09-27-2017, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Hello NinjaTrader_RyanM,
            Yesterday all charts loaded perfectly.
            This morning every one of my charts were corrupted as can be seen in the attached examples.
            US emini's, FDXM,FGBL,Currency futures and other charts were all corrupted.
            I was able to correct the problem by reloading data individually for each contract.
            This appears to happen on a regular basis (Interactive Brokers datafeed).

Is there another way of correcting this issue other than reloading each chart individually ?

Thanks
            Attached Files

Comment

I'm not posting charts as they're all corrupted by a few data points at either extreme highs or lows and others have provided examples. Same problem even after upgrading. I too have solved the issue by selecting the data series to reflect only the last 3 days and then "reloading all historical data". This shortens the time to replace the corrupted datapoints else it takes ages. The extended dataseries can then be chosen again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tradersam View Post
                I'm not posting charts as they're all corrupted by a few data points at either extreme highs or lows and others have provided examples. Same problem even after upgrading. I too have solved the issue by selecting the data series to reflect only the last 3 days and then "reloading all historical data". This shortens the time to replace the corrupted datapoints else it takes ages. The extended dataseries can then be chosen again.
                Thanks. Tomorrow, I try reducing the number of days from 5 to 3 to see if that makes a difference in the long run. Constantly reloading all historic data can be bothersome. Hopefully that'll work or there's a solution we don't know about yet.

Comment

Hi Grazz...the "reload historical" is just one fix in this instance. My charts have 200 or more days of data and unrealistic to reload using that setting. Since the corrupt data is only for the last 1-3 days, best to modify the data series to reflect only this period, reload and then once fixed, you can go back and change the data series to a longer period again. This won't need to be done again until the next instance of data corruption. It doesn't happen too often -- I've had several months of clean functioning so hopefully we'll be ok again for a while.

Comment

OK. Thanks for the response, Tradersam. Right now, "Days to Load" under Data Series is set to 5. Is that what you're referring to to change to 3 and then reload data? Just to be sure. Thx.

Do you know if there's an easy way to reload market data on all charts instead of one at a time?
                    Last edited by grazz; 09-26-2017, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Yes the days to load is as you say, but frankly the difference between 3 and 5 days may not be meaningful so may not need to change. I felt it more because of the difference between 200 and 3.

Sorry, don't know if there's a wholesale way to do for all charts. Perhaps NT support will advise.

Comment

Originally posted by grazz View Post
                        OK. Thanks for the response, Tradersam. Right now, "Days to Load" under Data Series is set to 5. Is that what you're referring to to change to 3 and then reload data? Just to be sure. Thx.

Do you know if there's an easy way to reload market data on all charts instead of one at a time?
                        grazz,
                        You might find this a good solution when dealing with multiple charts.

Take note in Step 1 that you can select an instrument list.

Comment

Hello Everyone,
                          At this time I would recommend deleting your cache and testing if you receive the same result. Normally items of this nature are due to the cache data not initially reporting correctly.
                          To delete the cache, follow the steps below.

Shut down NinjaTrader.
                          Open the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > db folder.
                          Delete the sub-folder named 'cache'.
                          Restart NinjaTrader and test.

Comment

Unfortunately I experienced the same problem again today, except that it did not happen with all charts but many of them -- GC, SI, ZB, NG, CL, ZW, ZN...the common element appearing to be they are all futures. Then discover it happened with EURUSD as well, but not other currencies. Did not happen with ZC, ZR or ZS. So can't on the surface find a commonality.

I deleted the cache subfolder in db, but no change.

Back to reloading historical...

Comment

Hello Tradersam,

Thank you for your note.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with "ATTN CHRIS S" in the subject line so I may investigate this matter further.

* Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
                              * Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
                              * Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
                              * Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by PaulMohn, Today, 03:49 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post PaulMohn  
                              Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes