Jumping to a specific Date in the Chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jumping to a specific Date in the Chart

Because of some Backtesting i need to jump to a specific Date in the Chart on the 5 Minute Timeframe. Exactly from the beginning of 2017. I cant figure out how to get there without scrolling hours :-) Next Problem is, after closing and reopen the platform the next day, i want the Chart to show me the Day i left the Ninja Trader the day before.

thanks for your help.

I found an answer for the first Problem. I enabled the scroll bar in the properties. now i can scroll very fast. thats fine. but i need help for my second question. when i reopen the NT8, the Chart is at the current pricelevel.

Comment

Hello M4r1o,

Thanks for your post.

Yes was going to suggest the scroll bar and in addition you can turn on a screen date that may help you as well. The chart has a property that will display the range of date/times currently displayed so you can observe this when scrolling back. To enable, right mouse click on the chart and select properties, next click to enable "show date range" then click OK. At the top left of the chart window will be the specific begin and end dates/times of the bars displayed on the chart. This would be applicable to any chart not just in the analyzer. Reference: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...properties.htm

There is no means to have the platform show where you left off unless you choose not to autoconnect. You can turn off autoconnect for your connection and the platform (when started) would show where you left off yesterday. However to go forward you would have to connect which then would move you to the current price. If you like I can create a feature request that says, "option to start NinjaTrader, connect to data feed but leave charts at last bar displayed on the previous day."
      Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Not sure if I posted my original comment in the right place but it looks like it also belongs here. Looking for NT Support to answer this if possible

I too would like to programatically skip to a DateTime on the chart

(Feature # 13367 - Added Go to... ability to chart scroll-bar right click menu) and is available so users can manually enter a date and time but I need this functionality to be automated.

I plan to have some key events marked on the chart and want the user to have the ability to skip to the datetime when pressing a button.

I have figured out sending keystrokes but this is quite clunky (if scrolling one page at a time), slow (if scrolling one bar at a time) and I need to put the desired bar with the correct datetime at the rightmost of the chart.

Since this functionality has been added to the NT8 chart scrollbar already then is it simple enough to expose the C# function that has a datetime parameter in it? I have looked for hours and cannot find an appropriate function anywhere.

This would really help.

Comment

Hello MBScalper,

There are no exposed methods to scroll the chart programmatically.

I will submit your vote to the feature request for the development team to consider this.
          Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello MBScalper,

I have received tracking ID# SFT-2331 for this request to scroll the chart programmatically.

Please note it is up to the NinjaTrader Development to decide if or when any request will be implemented.

We appreciate your feedback on this.

Comment

Please add my vote for this.

Comment

Hello ntbone,

I have added your vote to SFT-2331.

Thank you for your voice on this.

Comment

Example:
                  I've loaded a 60min chart of an instrument and I want to show the 1min-chart of a certain date and time in the past. For example 3rd Novembre 2020 04:13PM. In 60min chart I do use the scroll bar to go back to 2020/11/03. Now I switch to 1min chart and the new chart is loaded but --> this will reset the chart view and it jumps to the last bar on the very right far side. The scroll bar space at the bottom is much bigger now because I'm seeing the 1min chart. It's very time-intensive and painful to scroll back in a minute chart to that specific date and hour.

I am missing a quick date/hour jump functionality here. Isn't there an instant typing feauture available that will let you jump to a specific date/hour in a chart? Something like is available for quick opening a chart, you just start typing on the keyboard while in chart view, and in the popup window I enter ES 12-20 and there you go, it opens ES 12-20 chart. There are also instant commands available that let us quickly toggle time intervals. I just type 10m and I will get the 10minute chart. Or I type 1d and press enter and I get the daily chart. It would be nice to have such a feauture for jumping quickly to dates/hours, so we can enter such quick commands and get the results instantly.

Examples/Suggestions (on the left side the commands that have to be entered on the keyboard, on the right side what the result would be for the current selected time interval)

2020/11/03- = jump to 3rd Novembre 2020 session start
                  2020/11/03+ = jump to 3rd Novembre 2020 session end
                  2020/11/03 = jump to 3rd Novembre 2020 session start (when plus or minus sign is omitted use session start)
                  2020/11/03 0413pm = jump to 3rd Novembre 2020 04:13PM
                  2020/11/03 16:13 = jump to 3rd Novembre 2020 04:13PM
                  -7d = jump back 7 days
                  +5h = jump forward 5hours

etc.

maybe this is possible already somehow and I don't know how? please let me know. Thank you

Comment

Hello patricia70,

Changing the data series reloads the data, and the chart will return to the last bar.

There are no supported ways to scroll the chart programmatically.

This is being tracked with ID# SFT-2331.

You can set the scroll to a date and time manually. Right-click the scroll bar, select GoTo, enter the date and time you want to scroll to.

Comment

ID SFT-2331 would be very nice to have

Comment

Hello Bidder,

We have added your vote from the thread here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...96#post1162196

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.
                        JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
                        1 response
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
                        Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
                        1 response
                        0 likes