Old entries and exits still shown when chart trader is off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old entries and exits still shown when chart trader is off

When I turned off chart trader, currently active orders will not be shown. But the chart is still showing the entry and exit of an old completed sim trades, which defeats the purpose of turning chart trader off. And there is no way to hide this.

Attached Files

Hello,

Please follow the instructions below to disable the plotting of trade executions.
    • Right click in your chart and select the menu "Data Series..."
    • Find the "Plot executions" parameter for each data series and change the value to "Do Not Plot"
    • Press the "OK" button
    See here for more information on working with Data Series > How to edit Data Series parameters:
    http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/en-us/working_with_price_data.htm

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Christopher,

Your solution does work. However, doing so would also disable the display of plot execution when chart trader is on, which is quite inconvenient if I have to toggle between the two quickly (for screenshots for example).

Also when the chart trader is off, NT8 is ONLY showing sim trades that I did but not ALL of the trades (including live ones). Basically it's arbitrarily choosing to display the past executions of the only the first account on the list of accounts. And there is no way to even select which account's execution to display.

This makes sense because if I wanted to see the plot executions of a specific account, I would turn on chart trader and select that account. But this also means that executions of an account are only intended to be displayed when chart trader is ON by design. Therefore having an arbitrary account's executions shown when chart trader is OFF would not be the correct behavior by design.

Therefore while your solution does provide a temporary workaround, I think this issue should really be treated as a bug and be fixed permanently, which should involve very little effort and difficulty.

Comment

I have submitted your suggestion to our development team and will follow up as soon as a tracking number has been assigned.

Comment

This feature request can be tracked with ID # SFT-2709.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post elirion
          by elirion

Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
          0 responses