• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Issue Closing Live Positions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue Closing Live Positions

Hi,

This is the second time I've been unable to close a live position in NT8. I placed a short order on USDJPY using the chart trader, placed my buy stop above my entry, then placed a buy limit below my entry. I then pressed "Close Position" in the chart trader and I received error messages saying that I cannot close my position. I didn't record these messages because, of course, I had other things to do like get out of my position as soon as possible. I also tried moving my stop by clicking and dragging the stop marker on the chart. I received similar messages saying I can't change my order. I also tried cancelling these orders from the orders tab in the control center. No luck.

The first time this happened about a month ago, I had to call GAIN to close my position. This time, I downloaded the GAIN app to my phone and closed it from there. The buy stop and buy limits are still shown on the chart and I cannot cancel them.

Restarting NT or disconnecting and reconnecting are not practical solutions to this problem because my indicators work in realtime only and require 24hr+ to become meaningful. So stopping my indicator will result in lost trading time for at least 24hr.

One thing to note is that I also have an open position in my simulated account. This shouldn't be an issue, but if it is, I would consider that to be a bug that needs to be fixed.

Hello,

Thank you for posting.

I'm happy to check into this with you if you would please email us at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace files. You will find these diagnostic files in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder. I will need to review a copy of the files which are named 'trace.20170927.XXXXX.txt'. There will likely be multiple files for each day.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Will do, thank you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by svadukia, Today, 05:41 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_PaulH  
      Started by iq200, Today, 05:47 AM