NQ historical data missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NQ historical data missing

During a 2 years back testing, I noticed that the NQ 12-17 data is missing from:

12 Oct 2015 through 16 Oct 2015
    11 Jul 2016 through 15 Sep 2016.

I'm using the continuum connection.

Is there a chance to get this data back into the historical data feed?
    Last edited by Sweet&Sour; 09-27-2017, 10:25 PM.

Hello Sweet&Sour,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to assist, testing on my end. I was able to access these days on my end using Continuum. To test, I suggest clearing the data cache, which will allow NinjaTrader to request new data.

please close NinjaTrader and navigate to the following directory:

* My Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Db

Delete the contents of the cache, tick, minute and day folders. Now, when you restart NinjaTrader and connect to your data feed, NinjaTrader will load new data.

If you still see the same data, can you please let me know what chart interval and type are missing data?

Also, what version is in use via Hep > About.

We look forward to assisting further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_EricB View Post
      Hello Sweet&Sour,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to assist, testing on my end. I was able to access these days on my end using Continuum. To test, I suggest clearing the data cache, which will allow NinjaTrader to request new data.

please close NinjaTrader and navigate to the following directory:

* My Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Db

Delete the contents of the cache, tick, minute and day folders. Now, when you restart NinjaTrader and connect to your data feed, NinjaTrader will load new data.

If you still see the same data, can you please let me know what chart interval and type are missing data?

Also, what version is in use via Hep > About.

We look forward to assisting further.
      Hi Eric,

Problem is solved. Since Monday i'm using Kinetick realtime data.

Krgds
      Sascha

Comment

Just wanted to add onto this issue, as I've found that there's about 6 hours missing on NQ from 16:00 to 22:00 on 1/13/2016.

Comment

I have to get back to this issue. Kinetick delivers tick data only for 6 months but i need it back until the Jan 1th 2016.

After deleting the contents of the cache, tick, minute and day folders under My Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Db and reloading the 1250 tick data for NQ, the data gap is now even bigger than before! Data is missing from Jul 11 2016 until Oct 27 2016. My NT Version is 8.0.7.

I've tried to load data with NQ 09-16, 12-16, 03-17, 06-17, 09-17 and 12-17 on the 1500, 1250, 1000, 750 and 500 tick chart and they all have the same data gap during this period.

Any help is appreciated...

Krgds
          Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

Please write into to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with your log and trace files and a link to this forum post.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.

* Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
            * Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
            * Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
            * Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
            Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Is there a solution for the issue mentioned above?

I'm getting a gap on NQ from 8th July 2016 to 2nd December of 2016.

I executed the steps to remove the old historical data and download it again but the gap is still the same.

My NinjaTrader version is 8.0.10.0

Comment

Hello alex_nt,

Thank you for posting.

Who are you connected to?

Also, there was a recent upgrade released on 12/6/17 for NinjaTrader 8.0.11.0.

You may download the upgrade through the link below. Ensure NinjaTrader is completely shut down before running the upgrade.

Upgrade here: https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect

Release Notes: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help.../?8_0_11_0.htm
                ArceliaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm using Continuum.

I installed the new version 8.0.11, removed all the old files from the db folder and downloaded the data again. I'm still getting the same gap for NQ. I also noted that the same gap exists for YM.

Comment

On Nov. 7 2017, I had a private conversation with NT. The said the following:

Unfortunately there should only be 1 year of historical data on our servers. Somehow there is NQ data left on our historical data server that is older than 1 year. This causes you to load historical data from 2015, but there is a gap. Our server team will not recover this missing data as we only provide 1 year of historical tick data.

Sincerely,
                    Jason
                    NinjaTrader Platform Customer Service

Totally confused. Once they said that data is missing and then they switch to the answer that tick data is only available for one year...
                    Last edited by Sweet&Sour; 12-08-2017, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Hello alex_nt,

I was able to test out a Continuum connection load historical data from June — December 2016 on a daily chart interval for the the YM and NQ 03-18.

Are you able to download this data via the Control Center >Tools >Historical Data >Load tab >Download?

If you experience the same please write into to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with your log and trace files and a link to this forum post.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Arcelia View Post
                        Hello alex_nt,

I was able to test out a Continuum connection load historical data from June — December 2016 on a daily chart interval for the the YM and NQ 03-18.

Are you able to download this data via the Control Center >Tools >Historical Data >Load tab >Download?

If you experience the same please write into to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with your log and trace files and a link to this forum post.
                        I'm trying to get the Tick data. Can you check if you can get the Tick data for this period?

Comment

Hello alex_nt,

Tick data would only be available for the last 360 days.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
                          0 responses
                          1 view
                          0 likes
                          Last Post Jon17
                          by Jon17

Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM