Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Max number of symbols have been subscribed to.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Max number of symbols have been subscribed to.

"Connection Failed to subscribe to instrument GDX: Max number of symbols have been subscribed to. Please unsubscribe to other symbols and try again."

I have 100 max number of symbols in IB. But I am currently working with 1. And still receive this massage. What am I doing wrong?

Hello elixirtrip,

Thank you for your post.

The symbols you have loaded in Trader Workstation will count towards this symbol limit. Additionally, you may have more than one workspace open in NinjaTrader, and any symbols loaded in these open workspaces will also count towards this symbol limit.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Comment

Is it possible some how to be subscribe only on that symbols that are on my workspace and automatically unsubscribe from any other?

Comment

Hello elixirtrip,

Thanks for your reply. NinjaTrader has no control over which symbols you are subscribed to. Whether you're pulling data for a given instrument from TWS (on a watch list, market analyzer, chart, etc), or on NinjaTrader (in any window), these symbols count towards your symbol limit.

As an alternative, you can use IB Gateway in place of TWS to connect IB to NinjaTrader.

The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Interactive Brokers and specific connection configuration information.

Please let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

Can I unsubscribe from instrument by NinjaScript?

Comment

Hello elixirtrip,

Thank you for your reply. Your subscription is through IB, not NinjaTrader. Interactive Brokers is your data provider. It's not that you're subscribed to too many instruments, it is that you're requesting data for too many instruments at one time.

If you're still having trouble, can you please provide how many instruments you have data loading for in TWS?

Thank you again for your post.

Comment

I changed TWS to IB Gateway. So now it is 0 instruments on IB side and 1 instrument in NT8 + Hot List Analyzer - at the same time displays 10 shares...

So I have 10 min to fill my limit of 100 subscription... than everything stuck.

So I think if I can program NinjaScript to unsubscribe from stocks which already leaved Hot list analyzer and free my subscription

Comment

Hello elixirtrip,

Thank you for your reply. Please send an email to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com, and include your log and trace files.

Open your NinjaTrader folder under My Documents.
                Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
                Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
                Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Be sure to also include a link to this forum post. Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:19 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:25 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Rapine Heihei