Chart Squishing Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart Squishing Issue

I have been dealing with this for far too long and wonder how to fix this NT Bug.

On certain charts and especially when set to show Premarket and After Hours Trading the chart squishes down to be totally unusable.

Here is my Version NT 8.0.9.0 64-bit (Multi-Broker)

I have looked at the Options and changed the filter bad tick % but nothing changes.

Please help me this is a big problem with so much money on the line.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by casabella View Post
    On certain charts and especially when set to show Premarket and After Hours Trading the chart squishes down.
    Could you go into precise detail about how I would reproduce what you're describing in this sentence?

Who is your data provider?

Does this occur with only this instrument? Or any instrument?

Does the issue persist if you right-click on the chart and select 'Reload all historical data'?

What exact chart settings are you referring to changing? Does a particular chart setting(s ) work without issue?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
      Could you go into precise detail about how I would reproduce what you're describing in this sentence?

Who is your data provider?

Does this occur with only this instrument? Or any instrument?

Does the issue persist if you right-click on the chart and select 'Reload all historical data'?

What exact chart settings are you referring to changing? Does a particular chart setting(s ) work without issue?
      Thank you for your response. In this case, today when I did "Reload all historical data" it fixed the problem so that is appreciated I did not know to do that.

It happens on all different symbols at random times. Sometimes I will remove all indicators or start a fresh chart to solve it. However, I do not want to be taking all that time when I am trading so I am looking for what causes the problem.

It is not any particular chart settings it just happens on random symbols. My guess is a bad tick causes a bar outside the acceptable range so it squishes to show that data on the chart.

TDAmeritrade for stocks however it happens on Dorman for futures as well so it can not be the data provider it has to be a platform bug.
      Last edited by casabella; 10-05-2017, 02:04 PM.

Comment

So I just reproduced it again by applying this DTPIndicator

This time the reload historical data does nothing to solve the problem.
        Attached Files

Comment

I believe the custom indicator would be unrelated but producing the same symptom. Please contact the developer about this behavior with further troubleshooting.

If we keep a vanilla setup of NinjaTrader, is it possible to reproduce? I realize that this would only be possible on real-time data, so what would the most likely times for this to occur?

Additionally, if you make your tick filter more precise, for example, by changing the setting to 0.01 or 0.001 instead of 0.1, does the issue persist?

Finally, it is very rare for CQG-based (Dorman) connections to have bad ticks, but I am not as faimilar with TD Ameritrade's real-time data reliability. We'll need to try to catch this in real-time.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
          24 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post spwizard  
          Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Max238