Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

optimization

Hi,

when i start my optimization in the strategy analyzer, it does look like it starts normally, but stops after a few second. This is on my own strategy.
    The strategy analyzer itself on this strategy works, just not the optimization.
    I was able to quickly make a screenshot.

The optimization does work on a sampleMA startegy on the same instrument.

Please advise,

Regards, Rob
    Attached Files

Hello robje737,

Thanks for your post.

When you run the optimization do you see any errors posted in the "log" tab of the control center?

When you optimize, have you tried optimizing on just one variable at a time in an effort to locate which variable may be the concern?
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Paul,

the error message is;

" Strategy XXX; Unable to load bar series. Your ninjascript may be trying to use an additional data series dynamically in a unsupported manner "

The data series is used for this optimization was the same as i used for the sampleMA startegy optimization.

Regards, Rob

Comment

Hello robje737,

Thanks for your reply.

The error message would relate to the use of AddDataSeries(). In the helpguide for AddDataSeries() there is this warning that matches the error you posted: "Arguments supplied to AddDataSeries() should be hardcoded and NOT dependent on run-time variables which cannot be reliably obtained during State.Configure (e.g., Instrument, Bars, or user input). Attempting to add a data series dynamically is NOT guaranteed and therefore should be avoided. Trying to load bars dynamically may result in an error similar to: Unable to load bars series. Your NinjaScript may be trying to use an additional data series dynamically in an unsupported manner."

Reference: [url]https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/en-us/?adddataseries.htm[/url
        Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by tkaboris, Today, 05:13 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post tkaboris  
        Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
        16 responses
        0 likes