Several problems with OCO-orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Several problems with OCO-orders

I activated "OCO Order" in Chart Trader, then placed a Limit Buy below a price range and also a Limit Sell order above the range to enter whatever comes first.

Once one level was hit, the order was executed properly and the second order was cancelled, just as expected; the trade then was later finished successfully when hitting my target limit order, based on my ATM strategy.

Perhaps one hour later I tried to place a new Limit Buy order (no other orders or positions active), but the order placement was rejected with the following message:

Sim101, Order '755f8e70783044fabefdf8bc10770b18' can't be submitted: The OCO ID ‘611a722fe297499bbdbc4b144acc9569’ cannot be reused. Please use a new OCO ID. affected Order: Buy 1 Limit @ 2541.23748662755

a) as I understand this message, NT8 has still the old OCO-Id active, which is a bug in my eyes - the OCO-Id should have been cleared with both, either order execution or order cancelling

b) why is NT8 trying to place an order at such a weird price-level? This is while trading the eMini ES 12-17, which moves in quarter points, no need to go for some odd ten decimal digits

c) Misc: what happened to the small green "Oco"-symbol, which was displayed in NT7's Chart Trader whenever "OCO" was active?

d) during the first mentioned OCO-placement, I had an ATM strategy active when placing the first order. When trying to place the second order (the other OCO-member) I got an error message "You can't submit an exit order to a strategy until any of its entry orders has been filled.", and I had to manually switch to a new ATM Strategy-set before I was able to place the second order. I believe to remember that I could enter two OCO-orders in NT7 without having to select another ATM strategy manually in between.

Obviously, this all happened in SIM, since I don't trade live through NT8 yet, still not fully convinced of its stability.
    Last edited by RonnyKeller; 10-06-2017, 10:23 AM.

a) This is the expected behavior of leaving OCO mode on. In NinjaTrader 7 the steps you took would simply result in an order stuck in 'pending submit'. Logic was added to NinjaTrader 8 to make sure the exact cause of the order issue was made known to the client and what the necessary action is. The OCO ID does not clear automatically and currently requires you to manually turn OCO off then back on again.

I'll submit a feature request to the Development Team for this capability and I will add a tracking number here when I receive it. EDIT: SFT-2731

b) I experience the same price behavior when I reproduce this scenario on my end. I'll be reaching out to my colleagues on the Product Management Team to learn more about this behavior.

EDIT: This is now resolved in our internal build of the platform and will display a valid price based on the order which was rejected. Look for '12184' in the release notes when a new version is released: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ease_notes.htm

c) This is now in the top right of the chart window next to the linking buttons:

d) By default, when you submit an entry order with an attached ATM strategy the ATM control list will switch to that active strategy. This is indicates by a lighting bolt symbol to the right of the ATM template name:

You can change the default behavior of the ATM control list by adjusting the 'ATM Strategy Selection Mode' property. You can adjust this setting by right-clicking on Chart Trader > Properties.

This setting has powerful implications depending on your choice, so I would highly suggest reading the help guide section below before making any changes:

Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 10-12-2017, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post Jon17
    by Jon17

Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
    0 responses