X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unhandled Exception: Cant start generation

I just thought i would share this.

NT 8.0.8.0 /Windows 8 Enterprise.

On startup, i get rapidly repeating popup error messages. As i connect pricefeed on startup this is obviously an indi error somewhere where error happens on eacht tick.

Unhandled exception: Can't start a generation while one is already in progress.

After 1000+ popup windows i can only force-quit NT8. Found the safe mode startup procedure here somewhere and that worked ok. I closed all but simple Workspace in safe mode and restarted in normal mode, simple workspace only, no errors.
    Opening the other workspaces, only 'failed to restore indicators...' errors.

After reloading templates with missing indi's on all charts, no more errors.

Haven't made any changes to NT8 or indicators for last few weeks, so assuming it is related to a NT8 update?
    Attached Files

Hello WillemDrees,

Please note that NinjaTrader does not update itself automatically. You would have to install the new version manually. I am not sure what caused the error. I do not see any other reports of this exception on the forum.

Can you please send me your log and trace files so I can investigate. Log and trace files can be found at the following locations.

Windows start menu-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->log

Windows start menu-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->trace

Right click the log and trace folder and select Send to-->Compressed (zipped) folder. Subsequently attach both .zip files in your email and send it to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Please put 'Att Jason, Unhandled Exception: Cant start generation' in the subject field.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Did we figure out how to fix this? I'm getting the same error! Thanks!

Comment

Hello hodgepodge72

Thank you for your post.

"Unhandled exception" generate for various reasons and therefore don't have a 'one tool fixes all' solution. If you require assistance with this, please email us at platformsupport@ninjatrade[dot]com with your log and trace files.

Thank you.
        Luis H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post gentlebenthebear  
        Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
        2 responses