Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No bids/ask for OTC chart

Hi,

I'm trying to view NXTTF chart on NT8. I added the chart (instrument was predefined and already there), however the bids/ask price and quantity are at 0. I have level 1 OTC data with Kinetick so it should show up. I don't see bid/ask for CFWFF either which is another OTC chart but that one I added in.

So my question is, do I need to do anything special to be able to see bids/asks for OTC? I have no problem with bids/asks for NASDAQ charts.

Also, when adding OTC stocks as instruments, what market do I use other than default? Because OTC is not in the list. The closest is OTC BB (bulletin board).

Thanks!

For ask/bid data to display in NinjaTrader, a tick must occur while the instrument is loaded. I am noticing that both of these instruments have extremely low volume (a few ticks per hour today).

Please clarify:

What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.0)

if you leave the chart running, do you eventually receive and ask/bid value?

Could you provide more details about 'CFWFF'?

Comment

Hi,

I am using version: 8.0.7.0 64-bit (Standard)

I left the chart running and though the price changed (a tick had occurred) the bid/ask remained at 0.

I used CFWFF as a test to see if it was just NXTTF being the issue but it appears to be all OTC stocks that I tested.

I am also in talks with Kinetick to confirm if they simply don't send this information. But not sure why I'm paying for "OTC Level 1" if there is no actual level 1 top of book data... so want to make sure it's not a configuration fault on my end using NT8.

Thanks!

Comment

Equities can be added to the NinjaTrader instrument database by typing the instrument symbol followed by the exchange into an open chart and pressing the "Enter" key on your keyboard. For example, you can type "IWM NYSE" to add ticker symbol "IWM" mapped to the NYSE.

In the case of these OTC stocks, simply typing in 'CFWFF' without any exchange and pressing enter on a chart should load the symbol correctly.

There is very low volume on these instruments, and I did not see significant data appear on a chart until I used a 60-minute interval. There has not yet been a tick today on CFWFF, for example.

I see that you're using an older and unsupported version of NinjaTrader 8 (8.0.7.0). Please upgrade to the latest version (8.0.9.0). To upgrade NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below.
        • First get your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
        • Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
        • Enter your license key and press Submit
        • Select 'NinjaTrader 8'
        • Select 'Download'
        • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.

Please let me know if any issues persist after the upgrade.

Comment

Hi,

The issue is persisting after an upgrade. The low number of ticks isn't the issue here. The chart does update the price (which means ticks have occurred) however, the bid/ask just remains at 0. I believe it is just Kinetick not providing this data.

That said, I used to use IB market data for OTC listed stocks and was able to receive bid/asks from them. Is it possible for me to use Kinetick for futures, forex, and stock (but just say NASDAQ, and TSX) data but use IB data for OTC simultaneously?

For example say I subscribe to OTC data from IB, and unsubscribe OTC data from Kinetick. And in NT8 am connected to both IB and Kinetick. Will NT8 know to retrieve OTC data over the IB connection and not try and fail to get it from the Kinetick connection?

Thanks!

Comment

I've verified on my end that I do not receive ask or bid updates for these instruments even though there are incoming real-time ticks from Kinetick.

I'll be reaching out to Kinetick to look into this further. I'll update this thread when I have more information.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Thanks for your patience. Kinetick reports that the 'pink sheet' symbol mapping must be used. I could not verify this on my end as my test Kinetick account does not include pink sheet enablements.

Please edit the Kinetick symbol mapping to include '.PK' at the end of the current mapping. For example, 'NXTTF' would become 'NXTTF.PK'. Here are steps to change this:
                • From the Control Center, click on Tools > Instruments
                • Search for and select 'NXTTF' > edit
                • Change the mapping for 'Kinetick' to 'NXTTF.PK'
                • screenshot example: https://www.screencast.com/t/HHb8xPrZjg
                • OK > Close > Reload the instrument on your chart

Comment

Hi Patrick,

Thanks! That worked! I can now see the bids/asks. When I made that change however, the Chart Trader PnL (both in panel and in the chart) is says $0.00 instead of being calculated. My purchase price is below the current stock price so I would expect to see the amount I'm up by. And when I change the PnL display to any other unit of measurement other than currency, those would all display 0 (uncalculated). Any ideas about this?

Thanks,

Tim

Comment

Was this a sim or live trade?

How many contracts were traded?

What is the difference between your average entry price and the current price?

Is this occurring right now? If so, could you include a screenshot of what you're describing?

Comment

It's live. I had a position before I changed the instrument mapping. It was calculating fine beforehand but after that change it did not calculate. The market is closed now. Maybe tomorrow it will recalculate. I tried restarting NT8 to no avail but I can try restarting it tomorrow as well as reconnecting the IB gateway.

See attached.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Please clarify - did you make any changes to the 'Interactive Brokers' mapping when you were editing the symbol? Please double-check and make sure that only the 'Kinetick' mapping was adjusted.

Comment

I did initially change the IB one, but then I realized it wasn't necessary so I changed it back to how it was originally. However the calculation remains the same. I just completely exited NT8 and IB gateway and reconnected it all, and got the same result.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                          47 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post aligator  
                          Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post jaybedreamin