Historical Data Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Historical Data Issue

I have minute data for the last couple years downloaded for the Forex pairs I trade. I can see it in the edit screen of the Historical Data window. However, if I load a chart for one of those pairs when I'm offline and I set the end date in my data series to some point in the recent past, one of the following things happens:

1. I get a correct chart for the instrument that was currently displayed in the chart, but I get a blank chart if I change instruments.

2. I get a chart that ends at 12:00 AM on the day before my end date.

3. I get a blank chart.

I can't seem to figure out what conditions bring about each of those 3 scenarios. It seems totally random. Either way, I can't get accurate historical charts without being connected which seems to defeat the purpose of having my own data.

Anybody know what I'm missing?

Toby

Hello MRToby,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to help out, this behavior would be unexpected. To confirm, is one of these scenarios currently occurring with one of your charts?

What version of NinjaTrader are you using? This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.0)

1. I get a correct chart for the instrument that was currently displayed in the chart, but I get a blank chart if I change instruments.
    Is a data saved for the switched instrument as well? When switching, is the chart end date staying the data in the right click > Data Series window?
    2. I get a chart that ends at 12:00 AM on the day before my end date.
    What time zone and regional setting are in use on your PC? Also, from the chart, please right click and select Data Series and verify what is selected for Trading Hours.

We look forward to assisting further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm currently running version 8.0.9.0 64-bit (Standard). I'm currently getting blank charts unless I connect to data on the following 26 instruments listed at the end of this message. I have at least 2 years of minute data downloaded for each of these.

The End Date does stay correct in the Data Series window after I switch instruments, and as soon as I connect to data, the chart updates properly without me changing anything.

My PC is set to UTC -6 Central Time (US and Canada) and the Trading Hours in the Data Series window is set to <use instrument settings>

These are the instruments I'm using:

AUDCAD
      AUDCHF
      AUDJPY
      AUDNZD
      AUDUSD
      CADJPY
      CHFJPY
      EURAUD
      EURCAD
      EURCHF
      EURGBP
      EURJPY
      EURNZD
      EURUSD
      GBPAUD
      GBPCAD
      GBPCHF
      GBPJPY
      GBPNZD
      GBPUSD
      NZDJPY
      NZDUSD
      USDCAD
      USDCHF
      USDJPY
      USDMXN
      Last edited by MRToby; 10-24-2017, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

Please write into to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with your log and trace files and a link to this forum post.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.

* Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
        * Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
        * Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
        * Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
        Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
        11 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post xiinteractive  
        Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
        1 response
        0 likes