Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transfer Instrument List from One Computer to Another

Hello,

I have 60+ instrument lists on one workstation and I'd like to copy that list onto anther workstation. Is there a file on the desktop somewhere that stores these instrument lists for NT to access?

Hello Ocean Zhang,

Thank you for posting in our forum! Your NinjaTrader 8 instrument lists are stored in your db file, found at the following file location on your PC.

(My)Documents/NinjaTrader 8/db/NinjaTrader.sdf

However, you can also transfer this information by backing up on one PC, and then restoring onto the other. The following instructions will explain how to backup your NinjaTrader files to a second computer.

Please note that the following list is the items you can choose to include or exclude from your backup (Configuration files, Database, Historical Chart Data, Log and Trace files, Market Replay Data, NinjaScript Files, Templates, Workspaces). Many users exclude the historical chart data, log and trace files, and Market Replay data to reduce the file size.
    NinjaTrader 8:

Open NinjaTrader 8 on the computer you wish to backup from and disconnect from any open connections if applicable.
    Go to Tools > Export > Backup File
    Select which items you would like to backup and click 'Run Backup'
    Email or Save the file to an external storage device. The file can be found in the Documents\NinjaTrader 8 Backup folder on your PC.
    Open NinjaTrader 8 on the computer you wish to restore to and disconnect from any open connections if applicable.

Open the email with the backup file or connect the external storage and save the backup file to a destination of your choosing (I recommend the desktop as it is easy to find).
    Go to Tools > Import > Backup File...
    Select the backup file you created from the location you saved it
    I have also attached the Help Guide section regarding backup and restore below:

Help Guide - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ightsub=backup

Please let us know if we may provide further assistance.

Comment

thanks for your help!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by PaulMohn, Today, 05:00 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post PaulMohn  
      Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:24 AM
      0 responses