NT8 uses 100% CPU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 uses 100% CPU

I had no issue with my NT8 until I updated it to the latest version.
    The way I updated the latest version was that I copied and pasted a license key
    and downloaded the latest installation file. Without doing anything, I just double-clicked
    the downloaded file and installed it over to the existing version and folder.

Somehow, it started running slow and took all of CPU usage.
    Right now, even with a single simple ES chart open, NT8 is using 95-100% of CPU and over 4,000,000 KB memory.

I have both NT7 and NT8 but NT7 only uses 20% of CPU and 700,000 KB memory with 10 charts opened.

So I'd like to uninstall NT8 and re-install it.
    Is there a specific way to do this task or I can just go ahead and uninstall it and delete all NT8 related folders under Documents?

Thanks

Originally posted by jjanguda View Post
    I had no issue with my NT8 until I updated it to the latest version.
    The way I updated the latest version was that I copied and pasted a license key
    and downloaded the latest installation file. Without doing anything, I just double-clicked
    the downloaded file and installed it over to the existing version and folder.

Somehow, it started running slow and took all of CPU usage.
    Right now, even with a single simple ES chart open, NT8 is using 95-100% of CPU and over 4,000,000 KB memory.

I have both NT7 and NT8 but NT7 only uses 20% of CPU and 700,000 KB memory with 10 charts opened.

So I'd like to uninstall NT8 and re-install it.
    Is there a specific way to do this task or I can just go ahead and uninstall it and delete all NT8 related folders under Documents?

Thanks
    Well, you'll lose anything you have setup if you delete the My Documents/NT8. You could rename it first off and then try again - this will create a new NT8 folder and you'll have to set things up.

If that doesn't work - go into control panel - programs and remove NT8 there. (That will leave your my documents/NT8 folder alone). Then re-run the installer.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for posting.

I'm happy to check into this with you if you would please email us at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace files. You will find these diagnostic files in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder. I will need to review a copy of the files which are named 'trace.20171024.XXXXX.txt'. There will likely be multiple files for each day.
      Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Aviram Y  
      Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
      3 responses
      0 likes