Checkbox Enabled is Grayed Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checkbox Enabled is Grayed Out

Hi. I am following the video NinjaScript Editor 401, found in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA0W4ECyVdc&t=3254s and at 49:20 the user clicks on a Enabled checkbox. I did all the steps in the video but the checkbox is Grayed Out. For those who did not watch the video, the checkbox I'm talking about is in the Strategies Window, on the Set up section, it is the last item. It is the only item which is grayed out. When I click OK nothing happens. The strategy should show 2 MAs and should also show Longs and Shorts when the MAs cross. Why is this checkbox grayed out? What can I do to fix this? The only difference between what I am doing and the video is the Instrument. I am using WIN (Mini Ibovespa) while the video uses ES...

I was not connected. When I connected to Simulated Data Feed, I guess I can access the data correctly. Is that the right solution? Is that the purpose of Simulated Data Feed? If not, should I always have a connection to use external data? If so, which connection should I use?

Thanks
    Last edited by ccbiasi; 10-26-2017, 06:46 AM. Reason: I am not sure if my solution is right

Hello ccbiasi,

Thanks for your post.

The checkbox to enable the strategy is typically grayed out when you are not connected to a live data feed. Please make sure you are connected to a live data feed and try again.

If you are connected to a live datafeed and are unable to enable the strategy, please check the "log" tab of the control center to see if there are any errors related to the strategy listed there. Also, see if you are able to enable the strategy SampleMACrossover.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Does it need to be connected even when using historical data ONLY? I have over 1 year of historical data, I don't want to use any data feed. Thank you.

Comment

Hello DudaoRJ,

Thanks for your post.

When you apply a strategy to a chart, yes, it needs to be connected to a live data feed.

If you wish to test on historical data only, you can use the strategy analyzer, in this case, you would not need to enable the strategy.

Alternatively, you can use the "playback" connection and select historical data to playback the strategy and in this case you would need to enable the strategy on a chart.
        Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by ZenCortexHurry, Today, 01:04 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post ZenCortexHurry  
        Started by f.saeidi, Today, 12:14 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes