Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CurrentOHL indicator query

Hi,
    I hope I am posting in the correct place. As this is a default, out of the box indicator (and not a custom indicator) I thought I should post this here.

I am finding I am very confused over the 'CurrentDayOHL' indicator that ships with NT8 (current version 8.0.9.0)

I have a session template set up which begins each day at 09:30 EST and ends the day at 16:15 EST.

I then add the indicator to the chart and the OHL levels do not seem to correspond to the actual levels observed in the chart at all.

The examples that you will see in the attached images are:
    1. At the 09:30 open, the red (low) line is basing itself on a value from 05:40 that morning
    2. The yellow (open) line does not start at the same level as the bars at the 09:30 open. At 09:30 the yellow line seems to be a good distance below the open level.

The first screenshot shows the overall chart along with my session settings in the top right.

Perhaps I am doing something wrong but I don't believe so.

Many thanks for your time,

Paul Farrell
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thanks for posting.

As the trading hours template is currently set up, there would not be a break between the two days at 9:30, which would essentially make for nearly a 24 hour session. I would expect there not to be a break at 9:30 with these settings.

To set the template up as you described, I would recommend using a start time of 9:30 and an end time at 16:15 EST for each desired day.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Christopher_R  
    Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
    166 responses
    0 likes