Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drawing object - straight line tool

Hey guys,

As far as Drawing Tools, I know there's a Horizontal Line tool that draws a straight line that runs all the way across the chart. But, since I only need a line that only runs a short distance, I often use the Line tool (F2).
    However, the problem with this tool is that it only takes a little bit of inadvertent mouse movement to make the line no longer straight while you're drawing it. Can you please add an option like in Photoshop where if you hold down the Shift key while drawing the line, the line tool will only draw straight?
    Thanks!

Hello PN720,

Thank you for your post.

Thank you for the suggestion. I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello PN720,

Thank you for your post.

You could also use the Snap Mode when drawing lines to resolve. Drawing Objects can be attached to price data within the chart by using any of the Snap Mode options available in the Drawing Tools menu.

You can find this option by right clicking on your chart > Drawing Tools > Snap Mode > Select Price.

Here is the Working with Drawing Tools & ObjectsHelp Guide to assist you further.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
      Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hey Shawn,

Thanks for the suggestion.

I already have that option selected so it does snap to the price. The difficulty is if you start with one price on the left and are drawing to the right, there's no way to draw a straight line without manually eyeballing it and being careful with the mouse. It's especially hard to do when the length is small.
        I'd like to have an option where it'll stay straight no matter what.

Thanks!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
        Started by RubenCazorla, Today, 09:07 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes