Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT8 Issues: Historical data not loading + German Language Interference...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 Issues: Historical data not loading + German Language Interference...

Hello...

I have been using NT8 free version for loading up my own historical data and save the charts for future use. Until previous version of NT8... things were good... but after the recent update, I see that it is no longer able to import historical data. I get this error whenever I try to load historical data on my disk (on a text file). I've been able to do this for 2 years... I'm not sure if I can use NT8 anymore... I uninstalled and re-installed NT8... but no use...

I've attached the log file for your reference. Please take a look...

Another issue is.... Recently... German language text is showing up in Ninjatrader even though my default language is set to English. Wierd thing is.. it is only showing up in some areas.... Not all places... I've identified two places where German text is showing up...

1. You can see the log file shows some text in german while the rest of it is in English.
    2. On Charts... when I draw a 'ruler', you will see that the text is in German....

I was actually surprised to see German language when my default system language is English and I never messed with it...

I hope no one is hacking me from Germany!! I dont see any reason why someone should...
    Attached Files

BTW... the window that opens up to choose the location of the file is also not opening up...

and you can also see the "german" text showing up....
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello karthik007,

Can you please proceed as follows to correct the German text.

- Shut down NinjaTrader
      - Open Windows File Explorer and navigate to Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > bin > Custom
      - Delete 'NinjaTrader.Custom.dll' and 'Resource.de.resx' (these files may not have '.dll' or '.resx' at the end depending on your Windows settings).
      - CRITICAL — DO NOT delete any other files in this folder. Many files have similar names. Please be certain you are deleting the exact files above.
      - Restart NinjaTrader and check if you still see German text.

If you cannot import historical data after the German text issue is solved, please send me the text file, so I can test it on my end. You can send it to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Please put 'Att Jason, NT8 Issues: Historical data not loading + German Language Interference...' in the subject header. If the file is larger than 5 MB, please zip the file first.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It WORKED!! Thank you so much!! Both issues are solved.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by trilliantrader, Today, 03:01 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
        Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post geddyisodin